New detonation...?

Guest woody650

Guest woody650

I have a V11 Sport that with a PCIII and a custom dyno-tuned map than ran perfectly until I had the engine cases replaced. Now it detonates badly at any RPM above 4k when more than 1/4 throttle is applied. I have verified that the custom map is still loaded.

Any idea why this detonation has arisen? I'm considering having the dyno-tune performed again to remap the "new" engine setup...is this the best/only solution or might there be other causes as well?

Thanks for any feedback,

Colin

I have a V11 Sport that with a PCIII and a custom dyno-tuned map than ran perfectly until I had the engine cases replaced. Now it detonates badly at any RPM above 4k when more than 1/4 throttle is applied. I have verified that the custom map is still loaded.

Any idea why this detonation has arisen? [snip]

Someone left off the base gaskets when moving stuff to the new cases, raising the piston relative to cylinders & increasing c.r? The new cases were machined improperly, changing the deck height? My bet is on the base gasket theory, personally...

Detonation, :bbblll: is really making me mad, my bike is stock and ran great till two weeks ago and the terrible noise started, sorry to here about yours :helmet:

Detonation, :bbblll:  is really making me mad, my bike is stock and ran great till two weeks ago and the terrible noise started, sorry to here about yours :helmet:

34145[/snapback]

Both my r1100s and V11 have been pinging for about 3 weeks. I added some octane booster and it helped a little. I think maybe it is the gas.