nitrous oxide!

Guest cliffy

:ninja: Hi i am seriously looking at fitting a nitrous kit to my v11 sport ,nothing drastic but a 25hp kit, anyone out there done anything similar or know of anyone who has been mad enough to try it !!? My motor has only done 5k (miles) so it should be pretty good on the wear side !!.My only real concern is perhaps rod strength as i know that there is a guzzi recall notice about rod faliures from overrevving engines or maintaining extremely high revs for some time!!(not good for any motor!!).Any feedback would be most welcome ( i love my guzzi i just wanna kick some ass ) :bier: cheers all !!

Guest vkerrigan

I would think that your low dose application coupled with an rpm switch would minimize the risk to your engine. I've often though that most of the hardware could be concealed in a tank bag w quick disconnects. Good Luck w your project....I think it has lots of potential...................vk

The ECU would be a nasty problem. Normal operation doesn't require any dramatic changes in fuel delivery, but when the NO2 goes on, the fuel consumption increases by an order of magnitude or more. The regulator is fixed, so it won't change on the fly. The stock injectors probably lack sufficient delivery as well and even the size of the fuel tap on the tank is going to come into play at some point. Personally, I think an investment on this order would be much better spent on some OZ wheels and floating brake upgrades or Ohlins forks etc. Even if you got everything working right, somebody with a blown 'Busa woud come along and bury you on the straightaway.

They're good points Carl. The pressure regulator does have a reference inlet. In our case it is connected to nothing. This could be connected to part of the nitrous setup to boost the pressure. That would also take care of the injector sizing. If think the increase required is of about 30%.

I'd be worried the bike would last the dyno session. I think the supercharger would be a better approach.

:homer: I think a standard "busa" would suffice dont you ?!!! :homer: quote=callison,Sep 26 2004, 09:31 AM]

The ECU would be a nasty problem. Normal operation doesn't require any dramatic changes in fuel delivery, but when the NO2 goes on, the fuel consumption increases by an order of magnitude or more. The regulator is fixed, so it won't change on the fly. The stock injectors probably lack sufficient delivery as well and even the size of the fuel tap on the tank is going to come into play at some point. Personally, I think an investment on this order would be much better spent on some OZ wheels and floating brake upgrades or Ohlins forks etc. Even if you got everything working right, somebody with a blown 'Busa woud come along and bury you on the straightaway.

34290[/snapback]

Well sure, but you're going to be compared to something in your own class, that being supercharged, and the most popular supercharge kits I've seen in the magazines (which may have no corollation with reality) have mostly been for the 'Busa. Extreme extremism as i† were.