Final Drive Oil

tomsp

Brief and dumb (I'm mechanically inept)- I changed the three main fluids again -- engine, gearbox and final drive. I ran out of the guzzi final drive oil for the shaft drive. Can i buy any final drive oil product like Honda or whatever or does it need to be guzzi :(

I called the sacramento guzzi shop (peformance cycle) and the guy told me he is no longer a guzzi distributor.

If it's a GL-4 you need to add moly. If it is a GL-5 you do not. To make matters more confusing the folks who package the final drive oil may have added moly to the bottle. If that is the case I would expect it to say so on the container.

If it's a GL-4 you need to add moly. If it is a GL-5 you do not. To make matters more confusing the folks who package the final drive oil may have added moly to the bottle. If that is the case I would expect it to say so on the container.

35692[/snapback]

I just picked up a bottle of this stuff. It is branded as Moto Guzzi final drive oil. The label says that the moly has been premixed, and to shake thoroughly before using.

Guzzi makes no oil, as long as you have the right type, no problem. And don't mix and match different sorts please.

35684[/snapback]

Right, You can also use synthetic oil for cars if you want. This oils are also good for the engine and only for the engine of our Moto Guzzi. Try Castrol or some brand like this.

Warning: at least if the bike as run 30k km or more.

right too. My goose has 11k miles now. I jput synthetic in at 6k. This time around I use Honda blend. I think too I'm changing my oil(s) now at 4k miles or less! When do you change.... according to the manual or what?