nieve

dukdark750

My ignition switch became loose after 400miles of new ownership//////I cant find a wrench to fit them????? I mean I can..but you can't tighten them when the receed into the hole?????? what the hell......how do you tighten these bolts......maybe I should sober up and take a look??????????? :bier: thank you for everone who has answered my questions!!!!! thsi site is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!stilll love the Guzzi!!!! even though it's giving me few problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brian .....

My ignition switch became loose after 400miles of new ownership//////I cant find a wrench to fit them????? I mean I can..but you can't tighten them when the receed into the hole?????? what the hell......how do you tighten these bolts......maybe I should sober up and take a look??????????? :bier:            thank you for everone who has answered my questions!!!!!    thsi site is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!stilll love the Guzzi!!!! even though it's giving me  few problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brian .....

36700[/snapback]

Brian,

The bolts are "tamper proof". The little square bit on the head was attached to something the factory tightened until it broke. You need to let the bolts get fairly loose and then get crude to remove them. I had good luck with vise grips. :luigi:

Once you work the bolt out go to the hardware store and find an allen bolt on the same size. Add a little loc-tite and replace the bolt. Yes, this makes it easier for the thief to get to your ignition switch but they wouldn't be stopped by the stock parts either.

Good luck,

Lex

• 4 months later...

Alas! My ignition was loose too! Unfortunately one of the screws fell out :bbblll: Does anyone who has already had to buy a new screw remember what size it was & how long? The other screw of course is still in & I'd rather leave it in there lol. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :!:

Mine fell out about four years ago, so my memory is foggy, but I am pretty sure it is an M8 or M10, about 3/4 inch long.

I replaced with allen heads(hex key) and lock washers.

But Lock Tite is a better idea.

Mine fell out about four years ago, so my memory is foggy, but I am pretty sure it is an M8 or M10, about 3/4 inch long.

I replaced with allen heads(hex key) and lock washers.

But Lock Tite is a better idea.

47777[/snapback]

M8 or M10? 3/4 inch long? David, you sure you don't work in the satellite division for NASA?

(just messin' with you)

J