Leaking trans fluid onto x-over

hgravelpha@aol.com

I used the blue Hylomar :homer: on the first tranny recall I did in Jan 04. We kept the bike for a month or so for the person. In the last part of that 30 days, the gearbox was leaking, so I pulled his gearbox out again :vomit: and used Ducati bond. No more leaking gearbox.

I would recomend Ducati bond, Yamabond, etc....not the blue stuff.....and be sure and let it set up a day before you add fluid

....and remember the ol saying ...a little dab will do ya

later andy :race:

In reference to the transmission mounting plate: The part mentioned was from the Sport 1100i. This part will not fit the V11 Sport - the mounting holes are about 1 centimeter off center because the Sport 1100i engine is mounted 1.4 centimeters to the right to accommodate the wider rear tire section. The plate would make a good start for a new pattern and one of these days, I'll do that, try it out, and make a report. But not now - too many irons in the fire.

The slight (and difficult to locate) smell of buring "oil" was with my bike (2003VII LeMans) since day 1. Never really chased it down but 15000klms later I found it as the transmission leak from the two metal faces of the transmission leaking onto the Xover. Took the lazy way out. Add some Morey's oil stabiliser to the required (and recommended %) to the gearbox oil. It don't leak no more and 5600klms to Phillip Island for the racs and back proves it. Just needed :D some "heavier oil".

Before I left I mistakenly put in some lighter grade gear oil and it lterally pissed out (even with Morey's) put the right grade in with Moreys and all gone. :D

Allan