Fork mounted headlight bracket

Guest motomaniac

Hi All,

I have taken six pictures including the front forks minus the headlight brackets, the headlight brackets attached in two photos, the headlight shell attached in another, a side view in the fifth shot and the left hand side bracket off the bike. I purchased the bike as a project, it was classified as a cosmetic insurance write off, the left hand side headlight bracket was broken in two places. As seen in the last photo I have made brackets to brace the assembly together, this is also due to the present exorbitant price of brackets. I am intending to adapt a frame mount fairing from a 70's series Ducati 900SS to the bike in the future, but for now getting back to a good presentable condition

for registration.

The distance between the headlight brackets for the headlight to be mounted is 210mm.

Regards Ken

(auldy)

:bier::)113_1359_IMG.JPG113_1360_IMG.JPG113_1361_IMG.JPG113_1362_IMG.JPG113_1363_IMG.JPG113_1367_IMG.JPG

Guest motomaniac

Thanks Ken. I guess I'll try to make something and see how it works. I know I'll have to build another mounting plate for my instrument panel as well, but I don't think that's going to be a big deal at all if I can get the mounts right.

Then again, I may just cough up the money and buy a pair. :huh2:

• 1 month later...
Guest motomaniac

Well I finally found a set of brackets with headlight and instrument mounts. Got them on this weekend and it made the bike look sooooo much better. Many thanks to Jacques for the parts.