Faster

Guest robbrugg

Guest robbrugg

Well - picked up the 2 DVD set, and it is AWESOME! It follows MotoGP from 01-04, narrated by Ewan McGregor, great music, good sounds, crashes, Rossi, lots of extras...

Watch it. Very cool.

post-1204-1105670495_thumb.jpg

I got a copy as a Christmas present. You're right- it's very cool.

Now it comes as a 2 DVD set, and it is very interesting to watch the evolution of the races and racers over the years.

Jason

I don't know about the DVD, but I taped a couple MotoGP races on TV and got some great footage on board as Rossi and Tamada were dicing it out. Tamada sometimes gets his ELBOW down! Great stuff. Does the DVD show a lot of this 'on board' cameral stuff?

Where do I get a copy? How's about a link?

fwiw.. the current issue of Cycle World has an article on Rossi, and I found the bit about usable power on the Yamaha vs. the Honda quite interesting.

They also have a short review on the Guzzi Nevada cruiser

Guest Dave Pott

An excellent DVD set(I just watched ti last week) and I plan on watching it many more times leading up to the MotoGP in July at Laguna Seca :thumbsup:

As a matter of fact, if any one has suggestions about any other great material on MotoGP I love to hear it....I'm starting to get psyched already :race:

Guest Dave Pott

Hey Tom,

Happy New Year (belatedly) Hope all's well with you.

Jamileh and I will certainly ride to MotoGP but from where is the question. WE are probably going to be up at our bungalow in Mendocino the week before and after the race(subject to change) If not we will ride there from home in some round about way... maybe up the coast thru Big Sur??

I read somewhere that there may be a Moto Guzzi Hospitality booth at turn 10 on the weekend??? If not I'll snag Jamileh's spare Ducati key for a pass into "Ducati Island" wherever that's going to be.

Let's keep in touch, maybe we can hook up there. :race:

The Long Way Round isn't too bad either. It looks like they may have watered it down a bit so it appealed to everyone but there's some good stuff on it. The interplay between McGregor and Boorman is great. Some good footage of places that we'd not normally see too.

Why they took 1150GSs is beyond me though. They attended a 2 day off road school in Wales and tried out the 650GS but stuck with the big bike :blink::blink:

They payed for it almost the whole trip. :P

Except when they were in Alberta, and some greasy little squid in a Honda Civic rear-ended McGregor on his bike. The Honda's front end was totalled, but the big Heinckle just kept on chugging along.

I'd take the big bike over the little one on a trip like that. Small trip, small bike, big trip, big bike, it's easy.

Ciao, Steve G.

I don't know about the DVD, but I taped a couple MotoGP races on TV and got some great footage on board as Rossi and Tamada were dicing it out.  Tamada sometimes gets his ELBOW down!  Great stuff.  Does the DVD show a lot of this 'on board' cameral stuff?

Where do I get a copy?  How's about a link?

41323[/snapback]

Enzo,

One of the special features on the second disc allows you to switch back and forth between the TV view and two bike mounted cameras in (IIRC) four different races. :food:

I love watching MotoGP on TV and will be at Laguna Seca but this video is a whole different thing and even better than watching a race. I got a little tired of the crash footage but this movie is well worth the price.

I hope they keep doing annual reports, sort of Motocource for the video age. :P:

Jason provided a link above, I ordered mine from the site and got it in about three weeks. This was just after Christmas, it may be Faster (sorry :grin:) now.

Lex

Lex