To Serve and Protect?

helicopterjim R.I.P.

If speed killed all Germans would be dead already and 3/4 of the rest of Europe.

There was one case when E-mail ramblings of two North Vancouver cops became public for some reason. When reading transcripts even I could not believe how mean, hateful and generally evil these people are. That was a real eye opener.

Recently another pillar of community, Const. Jewers from North Van detachment was confronted with a drunk 115 lbs woman on the street. She was over 20 ft away and produced something which scared brave constable into thinking that maybe it was a knife. He forgot all his Tazer guns, pepper sprays, martial arts training, handcuffs etc. but went for his semiautomatic pistol with high volume magazine full of high velocity bullets and repeatedly shot the woman in the chest.

Then he got many days of trauma counselling and paid leave (finally time to go fishing). The woman victim (she luckily survived) and her family was left to her own devices.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno.. I can't say I've run into a bad cop.. I've been stopped twice in the last year, once on the guzzi and two weeks ago on the Tuono..

I was stuck behind a van on an on-ramp and he was going 5 mph.. which is something I hate, you have to be going the speed of traffic or better when you get on a highway. Anyway, I cranked it past him on the two lane on ramp, sped into the flow of traffic and then backed off and settled into the slow lane. A cop immediately pulled me over. He'd obviously been coming up the highway before the ramp and saw what looked like a biker weaving onto the highway .. I shut the bike off, got off it and removed my helmet. When I handed him my license (age always helps, not a young squid) and explained what I did with the slow van he handed my license back and said "fair enough"..

When motoring on the highway on the Tuono I was going about 10 mph faster than traffic when a BMW cop came up behind me and turned on the lights. Again off to the side, bike off, and helmet off. Handed over the license. He said he saw me passing a couple of cars at a pretty good rate (which means no radar or accurate speed check) and asked where I was going. Told him the bike was new and was just out on a sunny day putting some miles on it. We chatted about the bike, about bikes in general and then I was on my way. No power trip, no hassle.

One of these days I'm sure I'll run into the bad apples... probably the next time we're all out on Hwy 25 doing silly speeds... ;-)

Cheers, Tim

Guest Brian Robson
Recently another pillar of community, Const. Jewers from North Van detachment was confronted with a drunk 115 lbs woman on the street. She was over 20 ft away and produced something which scared brave constable into thinking that maybe it was a knife. He forgot all his Tazer guns, pepper sprays, martial arts training, handcuffs etc. but went for his semiautomatic pistol with high volume magazine full of high velocity bullets and repeatedly shot the woman in the chest.

Then he got many days of trauma counselling and paid leave (finally time to go fishing). The woman victim (she luckily survived) and her family was left to her own devices.

43207[/snapback]

You might want to be careful with your identification by name of the Const as libel laws in BC may well apply to your judgmental statement.

It might well have been safer to have calmed the agitated young lady by engaging her in a discussion over the merits of clutchless changes on V11 Moto Guzzis :):bier:

You might want to be careful with your identification by name of the Const as liable laws in BC may well apply to your judgmental statement.

It might well have been safer to have calmed the agitated young lady by engaging her in a discussion over the merits of clutchless changes on V11 Moto Guzzis :)  :bier:

43229[/snapback]

....or black and tan specials at Jimmy Mac's Pub on Wednesdays. You're buying btw :bier:

as liable laws in BC may well apply to your judgmental statement.

43229[/snapback]

How sad. Canada is becoming nearly as fond of suing as the USA.

FWIW I read nothing judgmental in Janusz' post.

It would be a shame if we could not even exchange techical advice about our bikes without a fear of being sued.

Or post that we broke the speed limit by 1KMH without fear of a citation by Private Message :doh:

Guest Brian Robson
How sad. Canada is becoming nearly as fond of suing as the USA.

FWIW I read nothing judgmental in Janusz' post.

It would be a shame if we could not even exchange techical advice about our bikes without a fear of being sued.

Or post that we broke the speed limit by 1KMH without fear of a citation by Private Message :doh:

43232[/snapback]

He names a police officer, his department and then claims that he shot a defenceless woman but you compare it to exchanging technical advice or breaking the speed limits?

It is chalk and cheese, and cannot be compared in the same light, however dim that light may be.

He names a police officer, his department and then claims that he shot a defenceless woman but you compare it to exchanging technical advice or breaking the speed limits?

It is chalk and cheese, and cannot be compared in the same light, however dim that light may be.

43244[/snapback]

Police make claims all the time. They would never put anyone in jail if they did not.

What is the big deal when citizens make claims?

They may be false or true, but everyone, including Const. Jewers will get due process.

Police should not be allowed to coverup anyything.

If Rodney King did not have a video backing him up, the cops would have gotten off...oh yah, they did get off. But the point is, without a video, it would have been labled, just another empty accusation.

Janusz must have gotten his information from somewhere.

Lets see the police report, FWIW.

Or are we living in a police state where that information is not for the public's eyes.

Granted an investigation will have to take place before the information is released.

The closest casethat I could find, was the following, but they indicate she had a knife and was shot only once.

Knife-wielding woman shot by Mountie

Last Updated May 20 2004 06:51 PM PDT

CBC News

VANCOUVER – A 26-year-old North Vancouver woman is recovering in Lions Gate Hospital after being shot in the chest by an RCMP officer Thursday morning.

Jennifer Pound

Jennifer Pound

North Van RCMP say they got a call from a woman who said she had been threatened by another woman armed with a knife.

Officers went to a building in the 1000-block of Heywood Street and began looking for the woman who had fled the scene, finding her 45 minutes later.

"The female subject produced a knife, lunged at a police officer who in response fired one shot," says RCMP spokesperson, Const. Jennifer Pound.

"The subject was hit. And the threat having being neutralized, members then rendered first aid until the arrival of an EHS ambulance."

The woman is reported to be in stable condition

Police have not identified her, only saying she was a resident of the building in question.

The officer who shot her has also not been identified, and has been on the force for five years.

Pound say there were witnesses to the confrontation. And RCMP Major Crimes investigators from outside the detachment have been called in to investigate, as is policy in these types of incidents.

"Charges laid against woman shot by officer

Last Updated May 21 2004 05:05 PM PDT

CBC News

VANCOUVER – The woman shot and wounded by a North Vancouver RCMP officer on Thursday now faces charges.

Twenty-six-year-old Michelle Yasue Ibaraki was shot once in the chest after police say she lunged at an officer with a knife.

Ibaraki is charged with one count of robbery and one count of assault with a weapon.

North Van RCMP say they had received a call from a woman in the 1000-block Heywood on Thursday morning, saying she had just been robbed at knife-point.

Police say officers went to the building, where the shooting occurred a short time later.

The officer who fired the shot had five years experience with the RCMP.

Police say the investigation is still ongoing.

Ibaraki has been remanded in custody until next Tuesday. She remains in Lions Gate Hospital, but is being moved out of the Intensive Care Unit."

Another incident, the shooting of Gerald Chenery, indicates how the facts are suppressed.

Stories indicate the police shot at him 15 times, by the two rookie Vancouver cops and that he lunged at one of them with a knife.

None of the stories indicate exactly how many times he was hit. (what is this, a JFK conspiracy?)

Most of the stories do not indicate that the female rookie got slashed, but one story does.

Perhaps if the police did not suppress the facts, there would not be the public outrage.

Guest Brian Robson

My small posting was not to support police action, but point out that libel laws in Canada are present and that Janusz may, through his own pathways of information, have named an officer under investigation, and therefore be subject to what Americans may consider irrelevant libel laws, which are nevertheless the law.

However, any mention of privacy and due process immediately has some people throwing out the always difficult to defend conspiracy and coverup accusations.

Personally, if you lunge at a police officer with a knife, then you deserve whatever comes your way.

You might want to be careful with your identification by name of the Const as libel laws in BC may well apply to your judgmental statement.

43229[/snapback]

Which law exactly prevents me from saying the truth?

Where exactly you detect any judgment in my statement?

Jewers name was mentioned in a local paper by the way.

So, Brian, you don't need to worry about my well being. You could direct your attention towards mastering proper shifting technique instead.

When they train these clowns they are taught never shoot one bullet but always in pairs. If the victim was shot only once it just goes to prove how good the shooter's aim is from a distance of 20 ft.

Guest Brian Robson
Which law exactly prevents me from saying the truth?

Where exactly you detect any judgment in my statement?

Jewers name was mentioned in a local paper by the way.

So, Brian, you don't need to worry about my well being. You could direct your attention towards mastering proper shifting technique instead.

When they train these clowns they are taught never shoot one bullet but always in pairs. If the victim was shot only once it just goes to prove how good the shooter's aim is from a distance of 20 ft.

43273[/snapback]

I'll try to stop worrying about your well being Janusz, but how can one, knowing that a straight speaking, hip shooting, clutchless changer like yourself will of course call a police officer a clown to his face. :not:

clutchless changer like yourself

43276[/snapback]

Oh yeah, now it's just degenerating into name calling. :!:

What next? 'Dino-oil lover'? 'low-tire-pressure-larry'?

You two should just settle this like men, and by that I mean a drinking contest. :drink:

I'll try to stop worrying about your well being Janusz, but how can one, knowing that a straight speaking, hip shooting, clutchless changer like yourself  will of course call a police officer a clown to his face. :not:

43276[/snapback]

I will make an assumption what you actually meant to say since your sentence does not seem to be gramatically correct:

Actually "clown" is too mild.

Forget policeman or not but any approx.250 lb, strong young man, trained in martial arts, fully armed and equipped with taser, pepper spray AND semiautomatic deadly handgun, protected by body armour and confronted with COMPLETELY DRUNK, 115lbs woman 20ft away, who pulls the gun and shoots to kill is not worth of the name "human being" in my book.

By the way I have met Const. Jewers and know his looks, size and abilities.

Can we talk motorcycles now? I am done with this thread.

Guest Brian Robson

Sorry Janusz, I've re-read the sentence and can't find any syntax errors.

I will keep the sentences shorter in future.

How did Const Jewers react to being called a clown? :wacko: