Ferracci fender eliminator

Steve G.

Before I start taking a razor blade to the stock wiring harness, I thought I'd check with the forum. I just got the kit, and it has no instructions. Which is not a problem, as I've got it installed [finding out I can't use the techno mini panniers with this kit], and I have hooked up the indicator plugin. Problem I'm having is the brake/running light, which has different hook ups than the stock brake light hook ups. I guess it's possible that the attachments are way up into the wiring harness, but I'd like to make sure before I start cutting the wrapping of the wiring harness.

Ciao, Steve G.

there is a thread somewhere on this website that tells how to hook it up! no cutting needed...I hooked mine up very easy! but was wondering why there was no running light the way i hooked it up according to the thread(granted it was 25 degrees outside an I just poped it on with little time to screw with it)??? is that just the way it is?Brian :bier:

The wiring outlined on the thread below worked for me. I did not have to cut into the harness though?? I think I recall crimping some compatable female connectors onto the Ferracci light wires to make the installation easily reversable.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...erracci++fender

By the way if you ride in winter/wet/dirty conditions be prepared for a bunch of crud on the passenger seat and body work surrounding it....the price we pay for a sleek rear end :moon::)

Ok,

So I installed it by trial and test on the electrics. Thanks for the expanded wiring schematic. KJAJ offered a good bit of advice to modify the new light wires to suit the original loom plugins to the original rear light. I did this, and everything works fine.

The LED lighting is quite unique, and it seems quite directional in it's light emission. It's direction of light appears to be aimed high, perhaps higher than the average car drivers view.

Analizing the light itself, the unit appears to be upside down, as in the lettering and such on the lens, as well as the 'Schumacker' manufacturers name on the led circuit board inside. As well, the reflector has a bevelled shape, so it does have a top and bottom I'm wondering if this is the way it is supposed to be? The ss plate it attaches to has the bigger hole to the right side of the bike, for the wires coming out of the light unit. So I know I don't have it installed wrong.

Either the thing is supposed to be installed this way, or the hole in the ss plate is in the wrong place.

Another problem I have noticed which will have to be rectified, aside from the possibility of spray coming up off the tire onto the back of the bike, [which I can deal with] is the 4"by4" hole access up into the electrical and toolroll holder area. This is something which will have to be taken care of, as in a piece of plastic shaped and stuck in there, with small allowance area for the rear electrical wires. The possibilty of road crap collecting up in there will not do.

I'm glad I installed the unit, and the look without the obtrusive [but usefull] stock fender is I would say better than a fender eliminator kit on the average sport bike, because of the V11's somewhat unique tail section. As for the elimination of the Techno pannier kit, I'm sure I can make some kind of small bracket to make use of these with the Ferracci eliminator. It is too much work to change this stuff back and forth all the time. Maybe I'll just be using my back pack and tank bag more when I go on weekend outings.

I was at the dealer on Saturday, where he showed me a just arrived Stucci crossover and carbon slipons. If they were stainless or titanium I probably would have given him the Visa card, so just as well they were carbon. Taxes in $2000 for all 3 pieces, ouch!

Ciao, Steve G.

Ciao, Steve G.