MGNOC List down again

mojohand

Hi all,

I know that some of you, like me, also browse Luap's MGNOC list MG List

Here's the message that's showing up these days:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/wildguzz/public_html/discussion/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/wildguzz/public_html/discussion/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/wildguzz/public_html/discussion/db/mysql4.php on line 331

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Sounds like a denial of service attack. Too bad...I know he's probably just about OVER it all.

Guest jbrobson
Hi all,

I know that some of you, like me, also browse Luap's MGNOC list  MG List

Here's the message that's showing up these days:

Sounds like a denial of service attack. Too bad...I know  he's probably just about OVER it all.

43345[/snapback]

Figures, i get a private message with some good directions regarding tps settings on my centauro and now its all gone. :angry:

Guest dopiata

I am a programmer by day.

This is a common error in CGI based programming.

CGI has no way to allocate resources and de-allocate resources. It runs when executed, and has no way to identify how many threads or blocked threads for that matter are up or down.

For example, in this case the database connections got out of hand to MySQL.

Most CGI applications or the good ones I have seen use fast-CGI which is a constant process to monitor activity such as database connections and resources.

Although these message boards are a very nice "can'ed" message forum, they are by far ideal for real world businesses. No Wall Street firm would ever put out a PHP application, even if they were a PERL shop.

Just my 2 cents.