Spark Plugs

Mr. Bean

Guest aironepony

Just had a service done on the Rosso. After 250 miles the Left side plug looks OK (Toast brown insulator) the Right side has a much paler appearance rather chalky white with a very slight tinge of brown insulator. The bike runs fine and the Dealer says "No Problem". I wonder. Any views?.......... :thumbsup:

Is there any significant improvement using the iridium spark plugs? I mean, better combustion? engine running better? more "power"?

I use Iridium on mine. Have not noticed any power increase, or it should be very slightly,Ignition is better and a small economy of 2-5% on fuel that is for sure at least on mine

I use Iridium on mine. Have not noticed any power increase, or it should be very slightly,Ignition is better and a small economy of 2-5% on fuel that is for sure at least on mine

58776[/snapback]

OK so if I get 36 instead of 35 MPG, over 10000 miles, that would be 278 gallons of gas instead of 286 gallons, or a savings of about $25 US dollars.

So, if I replace the plugs at 10000 miles for a cost of $25 dollars, my plugs will be free!

I have probably spent 15 or 20 dollars on standard plugs in the last 10,000 miles, just because I like the fresh crush washer at every valve adjustment.

So, I have to weigh this:

fresh crush washer vs. save money...and the environment.

Guest Nogbad
Is it necessary to change the settings of the ECU when changing to iridium spark plugs?

58886[/snapback]

No. Just check the gap is correct according to the manual.