WOW - WHAT A MACHINE

Guest Michael Derby

Guest Michael Derby

For every motorcycle enthusiast I am sure there exists the perfect machine. The right blend of absoulutely everything they are looking for in a bike, that allows them to hit some type of Zen Nirvana everytime they ride it.

For me I have found it - My 2004 Nero Corsa. I just completed the changes. I have had the OHLINS completely reworked with new springs front and rear, and then professionally set up by a Ducati racing machanic. I put on MG Titanium's, Stucchi x-over, FBF Airbox eliminator with K&N filters, Power Commander, and topped it all off by having the engine custom dyno'd for optimal fuel mixture with the PC III.

Attached is one of the DYNO reads. I didn't get the top end out of it that others have made, but the power delivery is awesome. Their DYNO is set to exact read to perhaps just a little low, as the set up DUC's for racing and they told me they can't afford to have their DYNO set to read high, cause then the bikes get checked and they can't race.

I want to put a huge plug in for the DUC SHOP here in Atlanta. www.ducshop.com

Mark Sutton is the main mechanic and he used to be lead mechanic for a US Ducati racing team. While they primarily work on Duc's, they seemed to enjoy working on the Guzzi and helping to set her up just right. If you are in the Atlanta area and want to jazz up your bike, this is the place. They are just plain great to work with. Mark is the Zen Master at setting up suspension, I can't believe the difference the ride is when the suspension is truly set to optimal performance.

They can also set up maps for the PC and send them out to folks as well.

Curious, Mark at DUC Shop thought it probably may not be worth the money to add high compression pistons, new valves, etc., etc., that it would be alot of money to chase just a few top end HP's that probably would not kick in :bike: till the upper end of the rev range. Thoughts from anyone who has done the inhale, exhale, and drinking mods, and then did some of the internal work? Are the changes significant? For now I am just going to enjoy her they way she is - :bike:

post-1369-1109296384_thumb.jpg

Guest Michael Derby
Excellent!  Do you know what springs they used?  Thanks.

44391[/snapback]

Not sure the weight or number, but I beleive it was the heaviest one they make for the rear. I don't know if all the ohlin's guzzi's come this way, but my springs were dreadfully soft. The DUC SHOP is an authorized OHLINS center, and I believe the only one in Atlanta. If you look them up on the web, www.ducshop.com and ask they can tell you exactly which ones they used.

Michael,

Your torque gains are absolutely awesome, especially the gains below peak torque, which is exactly where you would like to have torque curve improvement for a more ridable, responsive highway machine.

Thanks for the info on DUC SHOP. I live in the Charlotte area and would like to have a custom PC III map done for my Lemans but I don't feel comfortable taking a Guzzi to any of the dyno shops around here. Maybe DUC SHOP is the answer.

Joe

Curious, Mark at DUC Shop thought it probably may not be worth the money to add high compression pistons, new valves, etc., etc., that it would be alot of money to chase just a few top end HP's that probably would not kick in :bike: till the upper end of the rev range. Thoughts from anyone who has done the inhale, exhale, and drinking mods, and then did some of the internal work? Are the changes significant? For now I am just going to enjoy her they way she is -  :bike:

44389[/snapback]

From what I've gleaned from this & other Guzzi boards, the only significant further HP improvement is going to come from having the heads ported/flowed. Since the stock valves/guides seem to exhibit problematic wear patterns, doing it all [premium oversize (if you can call .5mm oversize! ;) ) valves, K-lined guides, porting] all at once would be the ticket. Since the stock valves/guides seem to be good for 30k miles at least, then having the porting done once that service issue rears its head would seem to be the protocol to follow.

But this is just accumulated hearsay, not 1st hand experience. Whether or not I'll have the money/time/patience to do all this when the time comes is a different story! :D