Le Mans Luggage?

Guest Scary Mc

Guest Scary Mc

Hello all~

I'm looing at getting a V11 Le Mans in the next few months and am having a hard time finding anything on the saddlebag/topcase options.

Does Givi offer sideracks for their luggage? Hepco & Becker? Anyone got pics of saddlebags mounted?

Many Thanks~ Scary

GJ, CO

Guest motor72

Tekno nylon bags are the ones you want. Got mine from a place in the UK that I can't remember the name of. Help. Somebody.

My Hepco Becker 30L saddle bags, 45L topcase, and mounting racks just arrived.

Haven't installed them yet.

I'm sure there are pic's on here somewhere with the stuff mounted.

http://www.obairlann.net/~reaper/motorcycl...es/lemans-bags/

here you find the Le Mans with the Hepco & Becker Journey bags.

There are different threads about luggages and bags, just write for "panniers" or "bags" or "luggages" in the technical and how to topics, and you will find a lot of different solutions, but the only commercial available are the H&B and the Tekno, as I know. There are several rear racks, the original, the one made by Agostini, the one made by ventura http://www.calamander.co.uk/luggage/ventura/vbuild.htm#kits

that support many kinds of topcase, givi, H&B have an adaptor to be fixed on the rack.

Guest Scary Mc
another vote for the hepco beckers here. i'm just using 2 30 leter bags. i cant really see needing to haul more for one person.

44898[/snapback]

Thanks for the help guys. The silver and black HB's float my boat.

It sure would be nice if Guzzi would make some panniers that fit the bikes lines though....

Take it easy~ Scary

This thread has pictures of tekno bags fitted to mine plus the broken frame which can happen. They are a nice light usage piece of kit. For heavier usage I would go for the HB's considerably more expensive.

motomecca supplied the tekno panniers

I have a reputation for travelling light

123_2339.jpg

Martin,

Your bike looks underloaded. I usually carry that much stuff to rallies although it is kind of spread further out. Have to make room for the wife on the back seat. Fortunately, the rear subframe does not appear to be cracked yet.

Here's the 02 withthe H & B 30L. I also have the 40L but she sure looks more like a barn door with them on. The 30L aren't bad, and I can take a fair amount of stuff.I can be gone for a week easy :D

To bad Guzzi doesn't make this an option...something about high speed stability :huh2: I can travel very quickly with the 30l but the 40l need a little less excitment...later :rasta:

andy

Here's the 02 withthe H & B 30L. I also have the 40L but she sure looks more like a barn door with them on. The 30L aren't bad, and I can take a fair amount of stuff.I can be gone for a week easy :D

To bad Guzzi doesn't make this an option...something about high speed stability  :huh2: I can travel very quickly with the 30l but the 40l need a little less excitment...later :rasta:

andy

44951[/snapback]

Hi Andy,

Nice bags, suits the bike fine :thumbsup:

I still favour the Oxford softbags as seen below:

60_1_b.JPG

A Danish motorcycle magazine went highspeed touring on their Japanese sportsbikes and the journos stated that the bikes equipped with the Oxford suite (tankbags and side panniers) were rocksteady at speeds around 230 kmp/h, which I think is more than sufficient for any V11-rider.

Søren