relocating

mik

There is a dealer in Prescott (Encore Performance) which you can check out if you make it to the Arizona rally at the end of April. It is held in Prescott, I will be there and I hope to meet you! Many good roads in Arizona :race:

APRIL 29, 30 and MAY 1

16th ANNUAL MOTO GUZZI RALLY

Place: Watson Lake Park, Prescott, Arizona, on Highway 89A between Prescott Valley, AZ and Ash Fork, AZ. Contact: MGNOC State Rep Tom Short, 602-285-1153; Nolan Woodbury, 520-723-4699; or Jim Knaup. For Lodging options call: Prescott Chamber of Commerce: 800-266-7534. Rally ad will have additional information, starting in the February MGNOC News.

Mike

I will be moving to the Phoenix area the first week of April. Do any members  have advice on a good Guzzi dealer out there?

46303[/snapback]

The Guzzi dealer in Tucson (Renaissance Motorcycles) is also a very good dealer. I hope to make Prescott this year - finally - if I resolve that last two issues with FrankenSport.

BTW, You'll be arriving about one and a half months before Hell starts. Here in Tucson, starting in June, we can see 100+ temps every day for several weeks, but in Phoenix, it's even hotter.

One consolation - it isn't Yuma!

Tim

Thanks to all of you for the information. I don't know if I'll have time to attend a rally as I'll need to find a house and make sure of employment. As for the weather, I'll just have to adapt and do as best I can. Chicago weather isn't exactly wonderful...temperature changes of thirty degrees in short time periods are not uncommon. About the only thing that can be said about the weather here is that if you don't like it, wait a few hours and it will change. I am having my bikes shipped to Cycle Moto in Mesa as it is close to where I will be staying temporarily. It would be nice to meet up with you all when I get settled in somewhere. :bier:

Guest jbrobson
Thanks for the encouraging words, TX :thumbsup:  Now if I can get out of here with my scalp intact after the lawyers get through with me, I know I'll be fine.

46392[/snapback]

I was actually thinking about moving out there also in another year after the little one turns 18. Just remember an oven on 400F is also a dry heat. I was out there in January and a cabbie told me the summers had been mild lately not that many days over 120f Chicago weather does seem to suck though. Too hot and humid in the summer and too cold and wet in the winter and those are the only two seasons.