HELP - Extra parts

th_01

Hi

I am working on several projects and I knocked over a can of parts. They mixed in with my V11 Sport 00 rear wheel/axle parts.

I have this spacer washer I don't remember coming off the V11. If it did is this a spacer between the rear barle asembly and the hub? The parts book doesn't show it. :huh2:

Tom

see pics.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/th_01/album?...h3PZ0CBFEA2tB2L

Hi

I am working on several projects and I knocked over a can of parts.  They mixed in with my V11 Sport 00 rear wheel/axle parts.

I have this spacer washer I don't remember coming off the V11.  If it did is this a spacer between the rear barle asembly and the hub?  The parts book doesn't show it. :huh2:

Tom

see pics.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/th_01/album?...h3PZ0CBFEA2tB2L

48462[/snapback]

Doesn't look like anything I have seen while taking off the wheel on my V11 Sport. Of course, I have no idea what size your washer is either, you should include some measurements. Having said all of this, I too have a washer remaining - a huge thin flat washer. No clue where it came from either.

No photos are available

Sorry, th_01 has not enabled any public albums in their account.

O wait second try, let me see the spacer, that's not from a v11 as far as I know.

Don't forget the ring/spacer between wheel and reardrive, otherwwise the wheel isn't centered.

A big flat washer is between the reardrive swingarm, keeping the needlebearing on it's place.

No photos are available 

Sorry, th_01 has not enabled any public albums in their account.

O wait second try, let me see the spacer, that's  not from a v11 as far as I know.

Don't forget the ring/spacer between wheel and reardrive, otherwwise the wheel isn't centered.

A big flat washer is between the reardrive swingarm, keeping the needlebearing on it's place.

48471[/snapback]

Paul

The ring spacer you are talking about is a barrel shape correct? I know where that goes. I am working on an Eldorado also So maybe it is an Eldo part?

Tom

Carl

The large flat washer goes in one or two places. One is one the outside of the right side (drive shaft side) of rear drive. It issupposed to block junk from getting into the neede bearing.

The other is on te INSIDE of the rear drive. Unless you have had your drive apart you wouldn't see it.

Tom

The ring spacer you are talking about is a barrel shape correct? I know where that goes. I am working on an Eldorado also So maybe it is an Eldo part?

Yes the barrel type. But I've never had an eldo, so I can't recognize this as such.

Paul

The ring spacer you are talking about is a barrel shape correct?  I know where that goes.  I am working on an Eldorado also So maybe it is an Eldo part?

Tom

48477[/snapback]

I've got an Eldo...been inside it a number of times, and I've never seen a part like that. I don't think it's an Eldo part.

The shoulder makes it look like a locating washer... How big is it (inner diameter/outer diameter)?

J

I've got an Eldo...been inside it a number of times, and I've never seen a part like that.  I don't think it's an Eldo part.

The shoulder makes it look like a locating washer... How big is it (inner diameter/outer diameter)?

J

48550[/snapback]

The inner diameter is the same as the axle. The outer diameter is the same as the rear wheel bearing.

It is not on the parts diagram at all. WTF is this thing?? :huh2:

Carl

The large flat washer goes in one or two places.  One is one the outside of the right side (drive shaft side) of rear drive. It issupposed to block junk from getting into the neede bearing.

The other is on te INSIDE of the rear drive.  Unless you have had your drive apart you wouldn't see it.

Tom

48477[/snapback]

Thanks Tom. Oddly enough, this washer is HUGE! It doesn't fit anywhere on the bike that I can discern, yet it turned up in the box of V11 Sport parts while I had the bike apart. The ID is nearly a centimeter larger than OD of the axle. The washer didn't fit in the steering head either (the whole bike was apart). It is now in a box somewhere in storage. Just one of those mystery parts I suppose.

Thanks Tom. Oddly enough, this washer is HUGE! It doesn't fit anywhere on the bike that I can discern, yet it turned up in the box of V11 Sport parts while I had the bike apart. The ID is nearly a centimeter larger than OD of the axle. The washer didn't fit in the steering head either (the whole bike was apart). It is now in a box somewhere in storage. Just one of those mystery parts I suppose.

48570[/snapback]

C

When you have the rear wheel off check the bearing on the drive side. It usually needs grease. It is a two piece torrington bearing. torrington part # hk2516 2rs and the inner race is 20 X 25 X 17 (that is the size in mm) the part number on this box is 21245 IR20X25X17 from a company called INA

Total cost from bearing specialty in Worcester, MA is $16.60

From Guzzi it is close to $75

Tom :bike:

That is the spacer for a toni frame bike.  Goes between rim and disk brake brace on the rear.

48574[/snapback]

Bob

Thanks

Too many parts lying around in cans. At 1 time I had 4 bikes a part...all Guzzis.

:)

Tom