sensor marked "carb" ?

dbdicker

Opened up the guts of my MG to remove the shock. There was an unconnected (!) sensor wire just roaming around under the tank marked "carb". "olio" is simple enough italian for me, it must go to the oil sensor, but what is 'carb'? Could it be that my bike was never connected to the throttle sensor? Hoo boy, no wonder it's running lean.

So, I should have connections for air temp, oil tem, rpm and throttle , right? Can anyone translate these wires from the italian written on them?

thanks,

Dan

Opened up the guts of my MG to remove the shock.  There was an unconnected (!) sensor wire just roaming around under the tank marked "carb".  "olio" is simple enough italian for me, it must go to the oil sensor, but what is 'carb'?  Could it be that my bike was never connected to the throttle sensor?  Hoo boy, no wonder it's running lean.

So, I should have connections for air temp, oil tem, rpm and throttle , right?  Can anyone translate these wires from the italian written on them?

thanks,

Dan

48617[/snapback]

If it was teh throttle sensor, it wouldn't have worked. Maybe CARB stands for "carburante" (and then should go to the tank) or something like that, especially as there never was a carburetor on the V11.

Hubert