i might be soon one of your gang accolites

Guest pierfconsa

Guest pierfconsa

Hi guys,

I have been lurking about here for quite a while. perhaps some of you might remember me from a few messages i have exchanged.

I remember for isntance this guy in america who builds home made saddles just for the v11.

Anyway, to cut this short, i might have to ride my ducati st4 from rome to milan next week to swap it for a V11 Le Mans 2004 with just short of 1k miles on its tacho.

Wish me luck guys. WHen I bougth the st4 everybody told me hell about ducatis. I never experienced a single problem, except regular maintenance that bike just treated me so well. I would miss it if this is going to be carried out. The bike has quite some punch in it's 4 valves demsoed engine. It wheelies real easy even for a slow rider like me.

The v11 has been a dream bike for me for the last 4 years, just like the st4 was. Now i might have found the chance to get one.

So wish me luck. Am i going to have to have a huge wallet for the mechanics? i thought guzzi engines shouldn't be that difficult to fix for regular mechanics. ducati bikes need specific tools to play around mechanic with it. I thought guzzi have more simple engines.

Anyway, please wish me luck!

Pierfrancesco, rome, italy

guzzi engines are smart made, but simple to work on. If your living in rome, CP racing is a good place for service, from what i've read from the guzzisti.it forum.

Well I don't wish you luck, you have that when you have the bike, so I wish you a lot of happyness with the bike.

Guest pierfconsa
You will love it, but I'm surprised at the trade (up?)

You will have no problems, I predict.....just like the Duck.

49902[/snapback]

I didn't understand what you mean. my ducati is a 1999 and its value is lower than a 2004 guzzi that's still under guarantee for a year.

These days, ducati st4 don't sell that fast.

The duke st4 is, btw, a great bike.

Hi guys,

I have been lurking about here for quite a while. perhaps some of you might remember me from a few messages i have exchanged.

I remember for isntance this guy in america who builds home made saddles just for the v11.

Anyway, to cut this short, i might have to ride my ducati st4 from rome to milan next week to swap it for a V11 Le Mans 2004 with just short of 1k miles on its tacho.

Wish me luck guys. WHen I bougth the st4 everybody told me hell about ducatis. I never experienced a single problem, except regular maintenance that bike just treated me so well. I would miss it if this is going to be carried out. The bike has quite some punch in it's 4 valves demsoed engine. It wheelies real easy even for a slow rider like me.

The v11 has been a dream bike for me for the last 4 years, just like the st4 was. Now i might have found the chance to get one.

So wish me luck. Am i going to have to have a huge wallet for the mechanics? i thought guzzi engines shouldn't be that difficult to fix for regular mechanics. ducati bikes need specific tools to play around mechanic with it. I thought guzzi have more simple engines.

49890[/snapback]

Hey we love new converts! :mg:

• 7 months later...
Guest pierfconsa

I picked up this old post to tell you that... I am again at it... dealing on a v11 le mans 2002 against my st4 1999 (which i love anyway)

the bike is here www.moto.it/usato/usato03.asp?EID=652255

a couple of questions:

do you guys know if it's possible to have side bags on this bike? i believe i have already asked this question, but don't know now the answer.

Also, i remember there is someone here whobuilds seats for the v11 to be more comfortable when riding two up. is this man still around?

Thanks!

Pierfrancesco rome

I picked up this old post to tell you that... I am again at it... dealing on a v11 le mans 2002 against my st4 1999 (which i love anyway)

the bike is here www.moto.it/usato/usato03.asp?EID=652255

a couple of questions:

do you guys know if it's possible to have side bags on this bike? i believe i have already asked this question, but don't know now the answer.

Also, i remember there is someone here whobuilds seats for the v11 to be more comfortable when riding two up. is this man still around?

Thanks!

Pierfrancesco rome

70526[/snapback]

Yes you can put side bags on a v11, I have them myself. Rich Maund is the guy in America that makes seats for the v11 & yes he'll be happy to make you a seat. He still posts in here from time to time.

Hi guys,

I have been lurking about here for quite a while. perhaps some of you might remember me from a few messages i have exchanged...

49890[/snapback]

The v11's engineering, economics, and distinctive look is what attracted me to it. I am thinking of buying another. You will be very pleased :D