Locate a dry bearing for me

friskycutter

After letting my bike sit for a couple of weeks, first ride out while doing the first deceleration on compression I heard a dry bearing somewhere. Seemed to be related to speed rather than RPM. Only heard it the one time but would like to track it down early, any ideas? 22k's on the bike if that helps

P.S. I luuuuve my bike. I might own another bike one day but Ill still own this one. Know of any mod's I can do so I can acually have sex with my bike?

Guest RossGuzzi

Try the wheel bearings. You could also check to see if they made the noise!

Cheers :whistle:

I might own another bike one day but Ill still own this one. Know of any mod's I can do so I can acually have sex with my bike?

Don't even try it.. it hurts a lot !!!

I was once coming up to a red light, braking pretty hard when at the same time I hit a bump that was big enough it lifted my butt off the seat... With the loss of friction between butt and seat, I slammed head first (so to speak) into the back of the gas tank.. It was painful. :bbblll:

Don't even try it.. it hurts a lot !!!

I was once coming up to a red light, braking pretty hard when at the same time I hit a bump that was big enough it lifted my butt off the seat...  With the loss of friction between butt and seat, I slammed head first (so to speak) into the back of the gas tank..   It was painful.   :bbblll:

50389[/snapback]

Love Hurts!

Mike

Thanks for the pointers. The bike was sent to the shop for a full maintenance so Ill have Gord check the wheel bearings, [hes probly on it anyway]

Next stop, need to eliminate the fuel pump vapour lock before Laguna Seca in July. Helicopter Jim any word on the velocity stacks?