Abnormal front tire wear

rocketman

last year I had a thread on this exact topic-- my front tire (OEM BT 020) wore exactly like the way you're describing it.

I chalked it up to dialing in my damper and the previous owner not keeping the tire pressure checked exactly to 34 psi. ( I was putting air into those 020's constantly).

I just put on 014's and they handle way differently. I love these tires already. Comments?

last year I had a thread on this exact topic-- my front tire (OEM BT 020) wore exactly like the way you're describing it.

I chalked it up to dialing in my damper and the previous owner not keeping the tire pressure checked exactly to 34 psi. ( I was putting air into those 020's constantly).

I just put on 014's and they handle way differently.  I love these tires already.  Comments?

54403[/snapback]

I suppose I may not have kept enough air in my tires...

The 014s look coooool.

bt014.jpg

And they come in three profiles, 120/70/65/60-17

Tomsp,

are the 014's Bridgstones? The shape looks different. Sharper angle. Especially the rear. Looks like it would turn in quicker. Does it?

Dlaing,

I am really curious about the kind of front tire wear you are going to get with the new Ohlins suspension.

Are there any Ohlins owners out there that have experienced the kind of front tire wear we have been talking about?

Rocketman

I just put on 014's and they handle way differently.  I love these tires already.  Comments?

54403[/snapback]

I'll echo that. I also went from the standard BT 020 to BT 014 and they work perfectly for me. I commute 110 km per day (70 miles) mostly on highways. The only corners I face on my way to work are the ones in the exit lanes and if there isn't any traffic in front of me I'll do my Valentino stunt :D trying to get some sparks from the foot peg. So far I haven't shit myself in the corners so I'm quite happy with BT 014.

Søren

Here's another perspective on causes for l/h side tire wear.  Makes a good point about the wear area being nowhere the road contact patch.

http://www.rattlebars.com/valkfaq/tirewear/

I wouldn't have believed it at first, that we cover that much more distance in left hand turns.

54461[/snapback]

Txrider,

Good article. Makes perfect sense to me. We put more going left miles on the front tire than we do upright or going right miles (How do you like that for grammer). Splains it purdy good. So, I withdraw my original notion that this is abnormal tire wear. This is indeed normal tire wear.

Rocketman