LeMans Mirrors

Guest MotoGeezr

Guest MotoGeezr

Can anyone help?

The stock mirrors on my '03 LeMans are about useless becasue the stalks are not long enough ot afford a view of anything but my shoulders.

I just put Napolean bar end mirros on. They're great to 3000 rpm then they're useless too.

Does anyone have a solution for longer mirrors for the fairing or lessening the vibration on the bar ends?

Thanks

Lemuel

The Buell Firebolt mirrors are the ticket. Put them on and never even think about the mirrors again. I went down various bar end dead ends before latching on the Edge's solution. It works great, looks great and cost aound $40-45. 'Nuff said.

I have an '03 le mans and the mirrors appear fine. Try yanking them into position. There is a huge adjustability with them. With mine, my left is great while I need to turn my arm slightly to see far back with the right.

I have an '03 le mans and the mirrors appear fine.  Try yanking them into position.  There is a huge adjustability with them.  With mine, my left is great while I need to turn my arm slightly to see far back with the right.

55365[/snapback]

I would be very careful "yanking" on the mirror stalks. The base plate is pot metal and :thing: didn't like that too much on mine... :homer:

I guess I have wide elbows but any time I wanted to see, it took a body adjustment of some sort. Now I don't even think about it with the wider mirrors :huh2:

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to bump this and add that these Buell mirrors are FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for the tip. In one of the posts there is an error in part number..

They correct part numbers are:

LEFT = N0161-2A8

RIGHT = N0162-2A8

The mirrors, when mounted are about 2" further out than stock (not just 1" as one of the posts claims), which is PERFECT!!! What a great $40.00 fix. I didn't even remove the mounts from the bike. Just pulled back the boot, and undid the mirrors from the mounts. Did the same on the new ones. Whole process took maybe 10 minutes. Took longer to adjust the mirrors than to replace them.

Again, thanks for tip!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MotoGeezr

Yesterday I finally picked up the Firebolt mirrors at the Harley dealer where they had been for nearly two weeks and mounted them on my '03 Lemans.

If you're riding a LeMans and don't have them, get them. It the best $40 you'll ever spend.

I can see behind me and the vibration as noted in other posts does seem to be less than with the originals.

2Lanes R4 2Wheels

MotoGeezr