2003 MG LeMans on eBay

FJR05

Need some help i'm thinking of bidding on a 2003 LeMans on ebay Item # 4561043772. I noticed that one muffler is purple and one is black.I called some local MG dealerships in my area and they seem to think that they should be the same color.My question is has anyone ever seen this color combo before? TIA,S.D.

Guest MotoMessiah

Taking a look at the pics it looks to me like it's the same stock exhaust. Possibly discolored from the sun/heat more on one side. In some pics I've seen the stock exhaust does look a tad purplish. Maybe it's a replacement.

there's nothing really limited edition about that LeMans either. AS long as it's a "real" 2003 (i forget which paint schemes came in which year) you won't have the engine bubbling paint problem to deal with. If the rest of the bike is in great shape, you'll most likely want to change the pipes for something lighter and sexier anyways so I wouldn't let that put you off. When i bought my bike brand spanky new, the right hand silencer was already scuffed to blazes. According to the dealer they always used to come like that :)

Shortly after I purchased my '02 LeMans I noticed that one of the cans was turning purple, so I told the dealer and he got me new ones under warranty. I took them off a little while later to install my Mistrals, so now my perfectly matched stock cans sit on a shelf in the garage.