I can see clearly now (or not as the case may be)

Guest philbo

Guest philbo

I was riding home this afternoon (at around 80 mph) and I noticed that the mirror on the right hand side was out of alignment. By the time I went to reach my left hand over to adjust it, the bloody thing fell off and went crashing down the road. I didn't bother going back for it 'cause I figured it would have been pretty much dead anyhow but on closer inspection when I got home, I found that everything was intact, there is a shaft comming out with a compression spring, a washer and a 10mm lock nut. Looking at the left mirror, I can't figure out how you would remove or otherwise replace the head section (the black plastic bit with the mirror in it) either way - likewise I can't figure out what broke.

Has this happened to anyone else or did I just have a dodgy mirror?

Cheers

Phil

Guest philbo
I think that part was assembled before they pressed the mirror in..  anyway, they are pretty much non-repairable but easily replacable.

follow this thread and save some money with a Buell FB mirror upgrade.. :race:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5471

56267[/snapback]

I'd actually considered that but now I guess there's no other option - so it's off to HD today to get some.

Thanks

Phil

Well you have options now... Of course you can order the replacment form MG, pay $70+ something for it, and then wait until Luigi can find one in a parts bin to send your way.. My guess a several weeks.. :huh2:

But you could get lucky since they are high consumption items and have it a week or so, and get to keep your elbos in the picture ^_^

Guest philbo
Well you have options now...  Of course you can order the replacment form MG, pay $70+ something for it, and then wait until Luigi can find one in a parts bin to  send your way..  My guess a several weeks..  :huh2:

But you could get lucky since they are high consumption items and have it a week or so, and get to keep your elbos in the picture  ^_^

56287[/snapback]

I just called the dealer and they're talking just over $90 - ouch.