Buell Footpegs??

Guest Bruce

Still using mine and have no real issues. Only mild complaint is there is a little more foot movement to do the rear break and shift levers. I find myself lifting my foot to the original bracket height when enjoying spirited driving. I did adjust them a little but there is only so much adjustment in v11 foot gear. As far as the long hauls, defiantly more relaxed for this 50 y/o carcass. I won’t be going back...

I know I would be happier with Centauro foot gear, both pegs and linkages but the cost to go that route is more than I care spend and they are not as elegant as the v-11's.

B/L; It’s a good compromise. If I ever want to go back, it is a 10 minute affair with no change to OEM stuff. Of course I am a little partial to the idea to start with :cheese:

• Like 1

I also find the Buell footpeg solution to work very well, especially after adjusting the brake and clutch levers to lower settings. The extra 1+ inches of legroom was just what I needed (along with MPH risers and Rich Maund seat)! I also would not go back to stock. It's the 50+ body thing!

Joe

• Like 1

Guest MikeC

Sounds interesting. Which model Buell pegs did you guys use? Is the install straight forward or were modifications needed?

Pictures of the install would be appreciated.

Mike

Here is the thread that ran last year re. Buell Lighting pegs.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...topic=3391&st=0

Here is a thread that has/had them for sale if your not a do-it-yourselfer. Also some other welldone refinements in design or pegs and foot gear

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...338entry37338

might be other stuff, just try the search engine..

• Like 1

Guest MikeC
Here is the thread that ran last year re. Buell Lighting pegs.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...topic=3391&st=0

Here is a thread that has/had them for sale if your not a do-it-yourselfer.  Also some other welldone refinements in design or pegs and foot gear

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...338entry37338

might be other stuff, just try the search engine..

57177[/snapback]

Edge...Thanks so much.

Mike

I had a set...now I have zero point five set :blush: My bike tipped over a while back and cracked one in half. Oh well.

Good: nice foot position- a little down and back. They look good.

Bad: a bit wider (not much but definitely wider), the feelers are goofy looking (no big deal, take 'em off) and you'll need to move your foot to shift. I didn't like this last bit because I lost some control on the machine, so I made a set of brake/shifter levers. Well, now I'm back to the 'evoluzione' relocation kit because I'm a wingnut. At least the bike is ok.

They were worth it as an experiment, and I'm happy I tried, but I don't think I'm going to do them again. I'll stick with the relo kit. If you want a (free) left hand side, send me an email.

J

• Like 1

Guest Bruce

Thanks for the inputs guys. I am currently running the evoluzione relo kit which was a good improvement for my aging carcass but time marches on. Advil works pretty well during the ride but my legs just feel dead for a couple days afterward ( don't laugh, wait till those AARP offers start showing up in your mail box ). I've resisted making any other mods because I really like the way the bike looks but maybe now is the time.

Jason, thanks for the offer.

Bruce