Rosso Corsa workshop manuals

Bilby

I have a Le Mans Rosso Corsa but can't find anyone that sells a maintenance manul/workshop manual. I'm not keen doing experimental maintenance work myself even when out of warranty :huh2: - very risky!...even if these are 'simple' engines.

If anyone can advise me where I can get one, I would be most appreciative. My dealer is oK but I'd like to know the 'how' as well as the 'what' when I put it in for a service.

Incidentally I emailed this site about a 'misfire' that was occurring. Several trips back to the dealer didn't really help. It sounded very much like a lean surge but as it turns out the problem recified itself . I can only say that the engine was very tight and has loosened a little. so folks, if anyone else has a new LeMans and is having the trouble ....I'd try to live with it till the 5000klm mark. :)

Bilby, I don't believe there is a workshop manual specific for the Rosso. There is a workshop manual for the '00/'01 Sport and 90% or more of the information is a direct crossover.

You can download it from yahoo (you have to join the free 'yahoo groups'- get a fake email addy for it).

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/v11manuals/

download the (large) V11_owners_manual.zip and the 'tree.gif'. Follow the tree for the directory structure.

You can write it onto a CD and carry it in a laptop for those portable mainanence interludes!

J

Other than the Ohlins suspension(you can download their manuals from the Ohlins website) the factory workshop manual for the V11 Sport / LeMans along with Guzziology should get you through most everything. The Rosso is mostly a cosmetic variation.

If either of these two references can't help you with a problem or procedure, I'd be willing to bet that someone on this forum can. :bier:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goosesport

The Yahoo v11 manual forum only has the owners manual. The shop manual is around in a large PDF file -- too big for the yahoo forum.

I bought it on a cd from a guy in Jersey (the island not the state) who sells on eBay. His eBay shop is called Tax Free Bike Parts and email is owen_lewis@yahoo.com.

He lists it for £6 pounds postpaid at eBay item 4560018675 at the moment

He also has a 2 CD set of Moto Guzzi technical training info covering the Breva 750, V11, and California. It contains technical information and short video clips covering many aspects of maintenance and servicing.

Larry

Hampshire

(the county not the state) :thumbsup:

The CD is on yahoo. Look in the "V11 root" folder and it's a zip file.

The set of CD's for the 750 was floating around here somewhere- you can prolly get them for free if you look around. Of course, then you have to set up the directory structure, etc.