An Evening on the Krypto Five One

Enzo

Get into the theme here - What is it exactly that you love about your bike, and do you find it 'like you' in some ways? I find this interesting because, really, I lot of guys like Guzzis because they love to tinker with them in the shop. I know many guys like that. Nothing wrong with it at all. Some guys tell me they HAVE to have something unusual or exclusive, and so, they are really telling me they like the sort of FEEDBACK they get when talking to others about their bike. So, I think it's a good question. There are no wrong answers.

F%@*, does it ever end!!

Ciao, Steve G.

58211[/snapback]

You mean the entertainment?? I hope not... :rolleyes:

You know, I've been riding a lot lately high on beer and narcotics. It's good for reflection. I have to say, I've done a hell of a good job with the Guzzi and its modifications. I was just now out riding them both again, and I think my Cobra might be faster than my Honda 0 to 100 mph. That is really something. Both bikes are a real hoot to ride and go well with my personality. The Guzzi is more of a 'hot rod.' - More visceral and seemingly faster. That is pretty impressive. I don't know what to do with it. Somebody nearby wants to buy it for $5500. Hell, I've got ten grand in the thing. Maybe I should keep it - I don't know. $5500 doesn't seem like much money for all my efforts. I'd like to see a dyno on it now. It's never been this powerful. I'd say it HAS to be putting out more than 90 RWHP. No question about it. I wish I had more room in my mini-barn. I think I might regret selling it. No one will ever have one quite like this one.

You know, I've been riding a lot lately high on beer and narcotics.  It's good for reflection.  I have to say, I've done a hell of a good job with the Guzzi and its modifications.  I was just now out riding them both again, and I think my Cobra might be faster than my Honda 0 to 100 mph.

58234[/snapback]

Is the statement that your Guzzi is faster 0 to 100 mph proof that you are high?

Yah, I know the Cobra makes you go faster, but it cannot be THAT good.

Here are some specs on the RC51 from MCNews 10/00

34.1MPG

117RWHP

71RWtorque

wet weight 488lbs

top speed 164

0 to 60 3.05

0 to 100 6.65

quartermile 10.61 @ 129.76mph

60 to 0 in 116.2 feet

Compared to MCNews' test on 9/01 of a V11S TT

34.5 MPG

75.4 RWHP

60.8 RWtorque

wet weight 524 lbs

top speed 142

0 to 60 4.01

0 to 100 9.8

quartermile 12.0 @ 112.53mph

60 to 0 in 126 feet

One thing that bugged me when I owned a Honda (500four) was that I was never happy at the legal speed limit. If owned an RC51 I'd probably kill myself doing double yellow passes.

I hope you can maintain your sanity. Perhaps the narcotics help...just don't drink coffee and ride the thing. :ninja:

Hummmmm.

The Cobra sure has a MEAN kick to it. Maybe 0 to 60? It sure seems as fast. 'Course the Honda might be deceiving me with its smoothness.

The narcotics give me the nerve to ride the thing.

Hummmmm.

The Cobra sure has a MEAN kick to it.  Maybe 0 to 60?  It sure seems as fast.  'Course the Honda might be deceiving me with its smoothness.

The narcotics give me the nerve to ride the thing.

58242[/snapback]

Its too bad you wont live very long to enjoy your new bike. If you ride high very often something bad will happen. Those trees & pink elephants seem to come out from nowhere. Its not my place to tell you you're behaving very foolishly but you are.

Don't worry Richard, I feel this narcotics thing is just for someone to revel in all the attention. This isn't about any RC51, it's all about a very lonely Captain Nemo.

And for the seat of your pants comparison regarding your two machines, either you have a very inacurate ass, or, you are again just trying to stir it up, pathetically I might add.

Go ahead, I'm in a rather good mood these days, you can respond in the usual manner, I'll find it simply amusing.

Regarding the sale of your bike and the seemingly low offer, always remember that while it is certainly within your rights to "personalize" your machine, almost every time, you will be reducing it's worth to the general market. So, I feel the 10 grand you have put into it may respectfully be worth 10 grand to you, but utterly worthless to most everyone else.

Ciao, Steve G.

:D

Hey Dlaing - thanks for those stats. I've never seen a comparison like that. I sure would like to ride beside someone on my Cobra. The Honda doesn't really get into SERIOUS power until after 6 grand or so - it seems gentle up to that. The Cobra seems very mean right down to 3 grand, so there is a 'seat of the pants' intensity to the V11 that the Honda just does not have at normal riding speeds. 'Course all bets are off at wide open throttle going for the redline. That is a different story. The other thing that is weird with the RC51 is how it gobbles up real estate at an alarming clip! Very deceptive and a bit spooky.