Argh. Sanity slowly fading...

slug

Well it happened.

Some stupid $%#@! knocked my bike over. :angry:

They backed in to it on the right side, bent the bejesus out of the side stand mount (very, very lucky it didn't damage the engine case), tipped it over on to the bumper of the SUV I was parked in front of (I was in a parallel parking spot), bent the *$@ out of the left clip-on, broke off my brand new bar-end mirror and buggered up the paint on the tank. After they knocked it over they righted the bike and left it balancing on the very messed up side stand and then got back in their car and drove away. No note, no "sorry", nothing. I know it happens, and its probably happened to a lot of you, but I'm still wicked pissed.

Fortunately, insurance will cover most of the damage, but it sucks that I can't ride until the parts get shipped up here from MGNA (two weeks if I'm lucky?).

So, do any riders in the Seattle area have a spare lefthand clip-on for an 02/03 Sport that I might be able to use until the parts arrive? If so, let me know. :)

Don't know if anybody's mentioned these before, but a dirt-cheap (and disposable) alternative to the CRG mirrors is the Mirrycle mountain bike mirror. It takes a little bit of cutting/drilling/countersinking to get it to fit with the stock bar-end weights, but they work nicely. One warning: The mirrors are convex, so the objects (or fuzzy blobs depending on engine RPMs) are closer than they appear.

Cheers.

I'm not in the Seattle area but I can put a bar from a 00-01 sport in the mail for you tomorrow if you need it that bad. It will take a couple of days to get to you if Monday is not too late. Let me know via email. :bike:

Yee-Haw! :D

Mr. Edge's generous offer has been accepted and the clip-on is on its way. So, there are some good things that came out of this:

1. Confirmation that fellow Guzzi riders are the best.

2. Used the downtime to do a fork oil change.

3. I got off my lazy ass and started riding my bicycle to work again.

3a. I haven't had to buy ga$ for a couple weeks.

3b. I'm not paying for parking at work.

Thanks again Edge. BTW, What's your favorite beer/wine? :bier:

- Slug