Fuel problem AGAIN!

Guest robbrugg

Guest robbrugg

So it's been a while boys (the baby boy has arrived) and I'm ready. I go out to the garage, suited up and SYCHED. But now the same damn bizzare thing is happening that happened 6 months ago (and then mysteriously vanished).

Turn key

THE PUMP DOES NOT PRIME

Starter cranks fine

There's no gas delivery, so no STARTY!

Guys: I am chomping at the bit here! It's been a month since I rode, and I am at my wits end!

Any ideas? - Robb

The relays in my Lemon are Tyco, not Siemens, but even they gave me strife so I replaced them.

I ordered the replacements from Dan at dpguzzi.com. His prices and delivery time were a whole lot better than trying to purchase them locally.

Cheers

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Try looking at the electrical connection to the electronic petcock. The two wires going in there were down to one strand each on mine...it was lots of fun taking it apart and soldering the connections! I, of course had to drain the tank etc... to not blow myself up!

Try looking at the electrical connection to the electronic petcock. The two wires going in there were down to one strand each on mine...it was lots of fun taking it apart and soldering the connections! I, of course had to drain the tank etc... to not blow myself up!

63022[/snapback]

I've repaired one too, but I absolutely recommend removing the valve from the tank and placing the tank outdoors where there is no danger of ignition. If the tank is 1/2 half or less full (maybe more??), you can just use something soft as a pad and set the tank nose end down on the padding, leaned against the garage or somewhere and then remove the fuel petcock. Keep the gas outdoors and avoid potential problems.