About to part with some money

Guest mcloutier

Guest mcloutier

I am about to start spending some money getting my bike ready for some longer trips this spring and summer and I wanted to get some feedback on some items before I part with my cash. Also if you can include info on where you bought it and how much it would be appreciated.

1. Crossovers. Any feedback on build quality and reduction of the mid range dip?

2. Tank Bags. Quality, size, difficulty mounting etc..

3. Tail racks. Finish, strength etc. mounting compatibility with the teckno bags.

4. Clip-on risers. Anyone see a reason why these wouldn't work? Cliponrisers.com

Thanks for any info you can share.

One possible problem with the clip-on risers would be that the V11 parts are 22mm, not 7/8". The two sizes are really close but (IIRC) 7/8" is very slightly larger than 22mm and you might not get a good "grip" on the stub of the original bar.

The second problem, at least for me, would be cutting my stock bars. Given Guzzi parts prices (high) and delivery times (long) you better be sure you are not going to go back.

All that said this sounds like a good idea, if he can make it possible to go back and forth you could have the ability to quickly convert from normal to touring mode. To me the ideal version of this would come with a small stub built in. That would allow you to put the risers on and remove them in a few minutes without disturbing the controls mounted on the original bar.

Lex

I am really impressed with Stucci X-over; if you have any pronounced dip at 4k RPM that baby cures it for sure. I heard (no experience on my own) that Mistral X-over does not improve your driveability so much.

It does not look as cool as Stucci that's for sure.

The techno bags are really nice and work very good. They better since were especially designed for V11S family.

I made a set of 'clip-on risers'. Hmmm, guess I had foresight.

I never did try them, though- instead I put a set of handlebars on my bike.

Send me your address, you can test them out to see if they work. They're not as pretty, but I made them for the V11, so I guarantee they'll fit. They are hell for stout, too. Aircraft grade aluminum (from Rockwell-Collins). You'll need to furnish a few allen-head nuts to make it work.

I don't have a crossover- never felt the need. Of course, I haven't tried a bike with one to really make a comparison.

I also have a ventura rack. Its mostly removable, kind of ugly, but holds a ton of stuff. I also have tecno bags.

I have an o-ficial MG tank bag. Works great. No complaints. Not huge, but big enough for me.

Cheers,

Jason

Guest marcialc

I'll vouch for the stucchi x-over as well. Definately worth the $$$. high build quality and fills the mid range hole nicely.

get em here: mgcycle...ask for Frank :thumbsup:

Guest atl.guzzirider

As far as the luggage goes I have got the new guzzi tank bag and tail bag which match however am still waiting for the rear rack which the tail bag mounts to- go figure why they would sell the tail bag and still not have yet produced the rack. ( at the time of purchase i was not told that a rack was needed or i might have reconsideded) All of this aside I really like the expandable bags and the way they fit and the fact that you can refuel w/out removing tank bag base.

As far as the crossover I'm in the same place as you and from what I've seen the stucchi seems the way to go, I am also considering a pclll and a ferracci air box kit. As for getting the luggage I would not suggest moto int'l as I delt w/James in pts. for 3-4 months and still didn't get the stuff, Myers Ducati 828-274-4271 in Asheville as been a great source for all kinds of guzzi stuff as well as service and I'm in Atlanta ( 2.5 hrs ), happy riding.

Walt Bowen

Atl. GA

Guest mcloutier

Well, heres what I went with:

Stucchi x-over from MGCYCLE

Stucchi removable tail rack from MGCYCLE

Guzzi V11 Tankbag from Moto International

Jason is sending me his home made risers to try

I also ordered one of the new Argal dipsticks from Moto International. I will try and take pictures and comment on each purchase as they arrive.

Thanks for the advice and help

I also ordered one of the new Argal dipsticks from Moto International. I will try and take pictures and comment on each purchase as they arrive.

Thanks for the advice and help

Hey, that's gotta be good for a couple of horses!

:bier:

I'm tapping the risers today- I'll get them sent out today or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jason

Guest mcloutier

Yeah, Im hoping it will look faster at least :rolleyes:

I won't tell you what that stupid dipstick costs. It will be worth it though, I really hate the stock one. The stock dipstick is worthless. Trying to balance the bike with one hand while holding the dipstick with another and then trying to wipe it off with my third hand... oh yeah I only got 2.

:huh: