Bike Swap / Test Ride...

Calamarichris

And thanks for the info DLaing and kind compliments on the photos, you nutty buncha lug-nuts.

Tim... You aren't by any chance Tim Graham are you? If so, you and I met back at the AMA Vintage Days at Sears Point. I might have a humiliating picture around here of your pre-Guzzi days if so...

this highlights the difference between cats'n dogs... if I tried that with my jet black minileopard it would have slit my throat. not because the cat hated the ride, but because it would want to drive the bike for itself.

:2c: love the pics,i have similiar dog! and she loves riding :rasta:

...Can you send one of your best recruiters?

Despite being a sensible type, the LeMans has been a bee in my bonnet (or perhaps a boner in my briefs) since double-aught ('00.)  But something has always scared me off.

Anyone in Southern California who would like to meet and swap bikes for a few miles?  I'll buy your gas, your breakfast and you can take the pick of my litter:

My '02 ZX9R, '02 EX500, or '00 W650.  I'm not one of these mechanically antipathic types who likes to redline an engine, I'd just like to see how she feels before taking the plunge.

Also, is there a decent factory manual available for this bike yet?

Is the gas-tank (or tank cover) made of metal or plastic?  (my dog prefers metal tanks, because her magnetic seat sticks better.)

050313angelcurve1opt.jpg

My wife split earlier this year, I tried pot for the first time in my life (did nothing for me), I kayaked to Catalina, and rode my 56.6mpg EX500 up to British Columbia this summer.  It's been a decidedly profound year in many other ways.  So maybe this'll be the year.

I'm in Carlsbad, down by San Diego and I ain't talking about no Denny's breakfast.

Mille grazzi!

-calamarichris@yahoo.com

http://www.calamarichris.com/

040817-chriscahitc2.jpg

63847[/snapback]

Ahoy, Mdude... there is a local guy here who rides with his cat. He elongated an old helmet and turned it into a little cat-box with a trap-door on top. It rides on the tank in front of him and the cat can look out the faceshield. The guy walks around at biker hangouts and the cat would remain calmly perched on his shoulders while he walked around.

And who can forget Rastus (RIP):

rastus.jpg

The biking dogs are coming out of the woodwork. I was riding Vietnamese-family style with both dogs and my crazy feminist red-headed date on Pacific Coast Highway the weekend before last when we saw this guy with his weiner hanging out proudly:

051002-othermotodog.jpg

I'll ride my W650 to avoid offending the apparent tender sensibilities of the Ton-Up boys.

-Calamari Chris in Carlsbad

63884[/snapback]

Hey Hey Hey! Them's my boys down there! Good to see our San Diego Chapter involved in a cool event! Certainly don't want to offend that crowd ;)

Very cool pooch set-up you have there Chris!

cheers,

Rj

Tim... You aren't by any chance Tim Graham are you? If so, you and I met back at the AMA Vintage Days at Sears Point. I might have a humiliating picture around here of your pre-Guzzi days if so...

I think the only AMA Vintage day I went to was on my W650..(about 5 yrs ago?)

I may recall meeting you.. or at least another W650 rider..

You are not the only person with a humiliating picture of me in my pre-guzzi days. In fact, I'm quite proud of all the fact that if you look up "humiliating picture" in the dictionary.. you'll see a picture of me !!

And that's not a dare.. if it really is a humiliating photo.. slip it into an envelope with the request for cash and mail it to

Martin Barrett

Department of Enforcing Things

345 Silly Rules Ave.

Look the Other Way, Kent

that ok w/ you Martin?

That was was the first moto-tour my ex-wife and I took as newlyweds, when she was still good at masking her troubled past.  :D

63992[/snapback]

If you were touring her on the back of THAT seat, I suspect her problem was not a troubled past, but a troubled BEHIND. :lol:

...or did she ride her own bike?

Haha, small world Tim! I've still got my W650 and it's coming up on 50,000 miles. Still do my own valve adjustments etc. and she's a lifetime bike for me, which is more than can be said about that half-@$$ed wife. :moon:

She made that trip on her own bike Dlaing. An EX500 in purple, identical to the red one I recently got for my dog (also a life-long thing.)

050313angelcouser4.jpg