Another broken headlight...again

frogonwheels

Hello,

Yesterday upon going for a ride, I heard a strong rattling in the front right around 3500 rpm . I thought the fairing was once again touching the headlight ( just like when I bought the Ballabio new ) and needed to be adjusted. I took it apart and was in the process of installing a rubber gasket between the two when I noticed a loose piece of glass 1/2" x 1/2" square in the headlight. There was no markings on the outside, no crack, no hole. The glass piece came out from the inside of the lens.

From the rides I take in the countryside, I know I never follow another vehicle. When I came back from my last ride, I worked a bit on the bike and there was no rattling then.

Since Lee had a broken headlight as well just a few weeks ago, and couldn't recall what had happened, I wonder if there could be a weakness in the headlight lens right from the factory....

That doesn't change anything now....as I need to get soon a replacement .

Ah Lee, what have you started ???

Bye.

Terry

On the earlier models the bulb shroud would become detatched from the reflector. To all intents and purposes if your pice has come of the inside face of the lens it sounds as it it must have been weak and taken some sort of knock that's caused it to come off but not punctured the lens. This would be consistant with last weeks thread on Lancasters as used by Barnes Wallace to use the shock wave principle to breach the Rhur dams.

Guest Britcheflee

Hi Terry - I sent you an e mail with the number to call to get a new one - I just wonder if the flat front of the lens is more prone to break with a direct hit from something as opposed to the curved front of many lenses - this was the first headlight I have had break in all my years riding - and, of course it has to be the most expensive one!!!!!!

Lee