new tires for le mans ???

fernando

I vote for the Diablo Stradas. I have 6K on them so far, good tires.

69019[/snapback]

Thanks fot he vote on the Stradas, Keith, I'm due for a rear update and was looking for sojmething between sport and touring. Am running Pirelli Dragons at the moment, good tyre for grip and handling but a bit short on life.

I'll give them a whirl

:2c:-_- s.p back. ok no. bs

Hi there

Don't think it matters which brand, I just fit the softer tyre on the front, eg 014,Pilot Power or Corsa.So called cupping or whatever you want  to call it comes from pushing into corners.{The tyre sliding across the road}  Using a softer tyre on the front will eliminate this,Thus the tyre will wear rounder and last longer.I use Pilot Power on the front 20000km Pilot Road on back 10000km. :2c:

69060[/snapback]

:2c: go for the tallons.they bight well morris.and there sharp! but they won't get over 8000 k. just my :2c:

Thanks fot he vote on the Stradas, Keith, I'm due for a rear update and was looking for sojmething between sport and touring. Am running Pirelli Dragons at the moment, good tyre for grip and handling but a bit short on life.

I'll give them a whirl

69195[/snapback]

:2c: go for the tallons.they bight well morris.and there sharp! but they won't get over 8000 k. just my :2c:

I'll give them a whirl

69195[/snapback]

i rode to a bmw dealer yesterday and spoke to a mechanioc who has been working on my guzzi since new and i asked him about tires,

his reply......

the bridgestones , at 3,500 to 4,500 miles and some times sooner ,develop cupping .....period . he told me he has seen them in all of the bikes that he works on that came in with them.

as for his preference ,he tells me that the michelin pilots are byfar the ones that most riders are changing to and are sticking with them.. all of the riders that have switched to them are extremely satisfied.

no cupping ,even wear and about 7,000 miles out of them.

for combined street and trak he recomends the diablos.

now ,this is one of the busiest service dept.s min the norht east.

i have had it with the bridgestone tires . my front tire keeps cupping. and the rear does not last very long.

now ,a friend who rides a triumph  triple sports bike had the same tires on his.

he changed to avons av46 and no  more cupping  .---his bridgestones were also cupping.

and he is entering 10,000 miles on his rear tire.

has anyone here used this avon tire ????

any comments or suggestions .

i understand from my friend who is an aggressive rider that the tire holds as good as the bridgestones ,,but ,,,maybe he is not as agressive ?

68906[/snapback]

Try Michelin PILOT ROAD, if it rains a lot where you ride. I replaced the Bridgestones B20 with the Michelin OK for me.

I think I'm going to change to the Michelin pilot roads. The Pirelli scorpions are nice but only now they were really unstable for the first 2k or so I can lean in farther with some confidence, now my Dragons were great, but for some reason scorpions just don't seem as stable. :huh2: they look nicer on the Cityx's anyway. I miss the Dragons for overall performance I think pilots will be the best of both.

As hinted to in previous thread I did indeed chicken out from doing my rear tyre myself and took it my local workshop. He had difficulty in getting a BT020* from his supplier so I told him just fit a pair of anything.

So I've now got AVON Azaro 45/46 ST.

I can't comment on them as only done the 3 miles across town in the damp just off freezing. Obviously they're still likely to have traces of release agent etc on them. With my big feet and fat arse I'm not sure I'll be best to comment on their characteristics, so far they meet my top two: 1- Black; 2- Round ( I'm not sure I've prioritised these correctly)

* They were on back order. He advised that if I could get them from elsewhere he would fit them. I had a look on the net. Do you know how many different BT020 there are?At least 10!! It seems that each OEM version has a subtle difference. I doubt it makes that much difference.

i have had it with the bridgestone tires . my front tire keeps cupping. and the rear does not last very long....

I am happy with the Bridgestones. I have somewhere between 11K and 13K (speedo broke) on them. I keep the pressure at 34/36 (psi front/back) when it is just me, and I boost it to 38/40 when I have luggage. I use the ventura system with two large packs (30lbs) and some other smaller pieces attached by velcro to the packs (adding 20lbs more). Everything sits over the seat and wheel. The front tire will be changed by mid-summer. I haven't done any track days, but I take the the opportunities the roads offer