Rossopuro rearset reviews?

wsholar

I want my feet a bit farther back and up, mainly to fit the position of my Ballabio with the Corbin Gunfighter seat, which sits you farther back than the stock seat. I think I'll like the rearsets with the stock seat too, but the problem's not as noticeable with the stock seat. I'm looking at the Rossopuro rearsets, and my search on this site doesn't turn anything up of any value in the way of feedback.

If you've got 'em, how do you like 'em?

Guest jedione68
I want my feet a bit farther back and up, mainly to fit the position of my Ballabio with the Corbin Gunfighter seat, which sits you farther back than the stock seat.  I think I'll like the rearsets with the stock seat too, but the problem's not as noticeable with the stock seat.  I'm looking at the Rossopuro rearsets, and my search on this site doesn't turn anything up of any value in the way of feedback.

70817[/snapback]

W,

This is Jedione, I don't have them, but they do look nice.

I'm waiting for Racer X's billets, with various adjustments.

We've just started doing the ground work, any and all interested are

welcome for a set.

In the mean time, if ya want, do what I did. I put a set of Buell pegs on

my v11, there back about an inch and a half and about 3/4 of inch lower.

And I drag many a different thing on my bike (the up pipes to the cans and

even my very ground down and modified kick stand) and with that said,

I still havent touched them down. Yes, even at the track day.

I couldn't tell ya what model, cause you know how it is going into a Harley shop for Guzzi stuff. I just grabbed them off the self, they had two kinds.

One straight out or the set back ones I got.

Either way ya go good luck. And let X or me know if your interested.

Jedi out

...I don't have them, but they do look nice.

I'm waiting for Racer X's billets...

70821[/snapback]

I already talked to Todd, and he's not doing rearsets, just foot controls. UNLESS, of course, we get 10-20 folks here who need rearsets, in which case we might be able to make it worth his while.

Okay if I slap my Corbin on your bike next time we're out together? Your bars will be different from mine, but I might be able to get a sense of whether your Buells might work for me.

Thanks.

One thing about the Corbin, is that if you sit all the way back, the rear suspension will want to make you FEEL every bump.

Also I slide forward in the corbin because of the slope, especially going down hill or braking.

I like my Corbin, and can ride for many more hours than stock, and the slope keeps the pressure off the taint, but I am hoping a better rear shock will make the ride more tolerable.

Otherwise I may go for a custom Corbin and have them move the riding position forward and reduce the slope just a little.

The move forward may also benefit your leg positon and better distribute weight over the bike.

That my two cents.

Ergonomics are certainly a personal preference, and I would not mind my pegs down and back an inch or two

...Or a Rich Maund seat may work better.

...Otherwise I may go for a custom Corbin and have them move the riding position forward and reduce the slope just a little...

Ya know, I think yet again, you just might be onto something, David. The most cost effective solution might just be to have the Corbin guys fix THIER seat design, which is clearly NOT QUITE right for this bike. Ya think if you and I make an appointment and ride up to Hollister, they'll fix us both up for a reasonable amount of coin? I bet they'll at least spring for lunch in the diner. Think about it. Maybe there are others in CA who want to do the same?

Guest jedione68
I already talked to Todd, and he's not doing rearsets, just foot controls.  UNLESS, of course, we get 10-20 folks here who need rearsets, in which case we might be able to make it worth his while.

Okay if I slap my Corbin on your bike next time we're out together?  Your bars will be different from mine, but I might be able to get a sense of whether your Buells might work for me.

Thanks.

70824[/snapback]

Absolutly! I think you'll like them.

And all the ones I've seen out there (From Guzzi cat. to aftermarket)

seem to put you mostly HIGHER in the stir-ups (?spelling?) and not any

further back. Not to mention Buell stuff is cheap, unless of course you

walk into Bartels... They've got to pay for that new Mega store somehow!

Maybe Rich, you and I can hook up for a ride some where between Jan 1st

and Feb 1st... That way you wont have to wait soooooooo LONG.

Later,

Jedi out

Ya know, I think yet again, you just might be onto something, David.  The most cost effective solution might just be to have the Corbin guys fix THIER seat design, which is clearly NOT QUITE right for this bike.  Ya think if you and I make an appointment and ride up to Hollister, they'll fix us both up for a reasonable amount of coin?  I bet they'll at least spring for lunch in the diner.  Think about it.  Maybe there are others in CA who want to do the same?

70834[/snapback]

Word is they won't FIX THIRE design.

We would have to pay full price, or maybe they would give us a break in price for recycling the pan.

Al Roethlisberger appears to have gotten it right the first time:

http://www.pashnit.com/bikes/V11-Lemans.htm

V11-Lemans2aleft.jpg

I'm sure jealous of you guys on the west coast. I havent been able to ride my bike in a month & I bet its going to be another month or more before I even get it out of the garage. Sometimes we get a lucky day after December when its both warm enough & dry enough to ride, but not yet :bbblll: Oh btw RossoPuro is a good company, I bought some stuff from them recently & its high quality. I dont know anything about rearsets so I cant say much about that item.

I'm sure jealous of you guys on the west coast...

If riding is something that you must do to maintain your, uh, "perspective," then yeah, the West Coast is someplace that affords you that luxury. At this point in my life, I couldn't live anyplace else because it's very difficult for me to go more than a coupla weeks without a good run up into the mountains.

Just remember all the downsides of living out here, and you won't be so jealous:

• Cost of living/real estate
  • Traffic/car culture/smog
  • Epidemic narcisism
  • Earthquakes
  • Droughts/wildfires
  • Deluges/mudslides
  • Of course, the list goes on...

And thanks for the word on Rossopuro. I'm not sure I want to spend $350+ for a solution that I can't "try before I buy." If I spring for the customized Corbin, it will definitely be right before I lay my money down.

Word is they won't FIX THIRE design.

We would have to pay full price, or maybe they would give us a break in price for recycling the pan.

Al Roethlisberger appears to have gotten it right the first time...

Yeah, Al's gotten a lot of things right with his bike, it looks like. :notworthy:

I guess since my Corbin was part of my deal, which was a pretty okay deal, I wouldn't feel too bad about paying them at least a coupla hundred bucks to get it right.

Guest ratchethack
I want my feet a bit farther back and up, mainly to fit the position of my Ballabio with the Corbin Gunfighter seat, which sits you farther back than the stock seat.  I think I'll like the rearsets with the stock seat too, but the problem's not as noticeable with the stock seat.  I'm looking at the Rossopuro rearsets, and my search on this site doesn't turn anything up of any value in the way of feedback.

70817[/snapback]

I don't wanna burst anybody's bubble here, but many (myself included) have found that one of the "features" of the stock seating position is that it's significantly rearward-biased relative to the ideal balance point.

I knew about this before I bought my Sport and found it quite obvious as soon as I sat on it. It's been a characteristic of many Guzzi models for decades. It's significant enough to compromise handling, especially in the tight stuff. One of the ways I've learned to at least partially offset this is to use the benefit of the (stock) low clip-ons to get my weight forward by bending my elbows in the twisties and sliding as far forward as the tank permits. I find this helps a LOT to improve chassis balance, giving the front-end a more "planted" feel, and reduces tendencies of the front-end to "push".

Another thing that helps is to get rid of the heavy stock mufflers. My FBF carbons weigh less than half of the stockers. When I put 'em on (after also replacing the stock crossover with a lighter Stucchi), it made enough of a forward balance shift so that I could actually back off shock preload a little. For my riding purposes, I keep cargo loads to a minimum and use a tank bag when necessary. I wouldn't consider rear bags for balance reasons, but that's just me.

If I remember correctly, Rich Maund has worked with the V11 balance problem to build seats that move the rider forward, or at least no further back, depending on the rider's size, weight, preferences, etc. With the Billy-Bob bars, your weight is inherently even more rearward-biased. If you then move your riding position farther back with the Corbin seat, then ALSO move the pegs and controls rearward to match the seat - well, I reckon this adds up to a more serious imbalance.

I'm just suggesting that chasing after seat-to-peg ergo's that're already part of a known chassis imbalance by going to rearsets may have consequences that you might not be prepared for, so rearsets may not be your best option.

BAA, TJM, & YMMV.

I don't wanna burst anybody's bubble here...so rearsets may not be your best option.

70878[/snapback]

See later posts on decision to nix the rearsets and have the seat custom rebuilt to move the seating position forward. Sounds like we're on the same page.