V11 Sport concept

hoytstaab

2006_hoyt_v11_2006_hoyt_v11_concept_copy.jpg

hello,

The MGS-01 is an awesome motorcycle (stating the obvious, i know)....light weight, shorter wheelbase, great street performance, and the rear suspension probably functions as well as it looks. Hopefully Guzzi will make a street version....

My beginner photoshop skills can use some help, but attached is an idea --- take the tank, seat, & tail section of the V11 sport and apply it to the MGS-01 hard stuff.

-use the rear seat as a storage compartment instead of a rear seat

-Get rid of the gold Ohlins color (do they make their great shocks in any other color that doesn't clash with anything but red or black?)

BMW is about to come out with a cool, boxer that is air-cooled, light, and has good performance.

thanks Carl.

The engine, wheels, & suspension of the MGS-01 are incredible. And, I've always thought Guzzi has created one of the most beautiful tail pieces in motorcycle history (they nailed the shape of that arc). The V11 tank is crazy with the "crease" in the middle, but without looking contrived.

Why not combine the 2 concepts together into a naked street bike?

When the MGS-01 was revealed there seemed to be a lot of praise throughout the whole industry, not just Guzzi enthusiasts. Lots of people were checking it out at the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle. With that kind of response, why hasn't a street version been produced? There was/is an opportunity to convert more motorcyclists to become Guzzi owners.

Sport Rider even had a positive write-up about the bike. (I say "even" because they focus on extreme liquid-cooled sportbike performance)

Anyone else hope for a sportier bike in the coming line-up? The line-up is good except for something sportier is missing - I don't want R1 performance for the street. Guzzi showed the world they can produce a bike with good street weight and great street performance. A package that BMW is ready to sell this year.

(entry-bike model, solid/vintage cruisers models, Sport tourers, Griso,______)

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2004/146_0...orsa/index.html

(sigh) I've been waiting for that MGS Serie ever since those magazine articles came out. Doesnt look like its ever going to touch a dealers showroom though. Too bad because thats probably the only bike I've seen that I'd be willing to pay retail new $$$ for. I'd sell my RM immediately & put a deposit on a Serie today if I could get one.

You should probally do a search. The fourvalve motor is unable to meet Euro three emission requirements. Well actually it can however it has to run so lean and hot it tends to crack heads. Even the two valve has been neutred to meet current emissions and I don't think would work right in a MGS-01 bike simply not enough performance. Depends on what Piaggo decide to do apparently Guzzi is up for sale at the moment possibly the MGS-02 will have a water cooled modern motor. Athough Piaggio might feel it has that segment of the market coverd with the Aprilia Millie series.

(sigh) I've been waiting for that MGS Serie ever since those magazine articles came out. Doesnt look like its ever going to touch a dealers showroom though. Too bad because thats probably the only bike I've seen that I'd be willing to pay retail new $$$ for. I'd sell my RM immediately & put a deposit on a Serie today if I could get one.

72499[/snapback]

I concure. If they had a Street Version of the MGS I'd work my balls off to get one. I wish they wouldn't care so much about the emissions they don't seem to care in the states(besides CA,... bastards) Bikes should be exempt IMO. :2c:

Depends on what Piaggo decide to do apparently Guzzi is up for sale at the moment possibly the MGS-02 will have a water cooled modern motor.

72503[/snapback]

Umm, where'd you hear that Guzzi's up for sale again?

If the 4 valve motor can't meet emissions, then Guzzi should not stop pursuing that motor or a sport model.

Afterall, I still have loads of fun with my V11 & can either pull away from in-line 3's & 4's or hang with them depending on the rider. The 2-valve is still freekin' all-day, fun for the street...so much so, that I often wonder how much MORE fun it would be in a lighter package. Throwing in the shorter wheelbase with that trick rear suspension & wheels would be "ala mode".

So, my hope still remains for a sportier ride that will put the other makes to shame when one looks at a streetbike. Performance & style in only a way Guzzi can provide.

**if the 4-valve can't meet emissions, then how is BMW pulling off the performance with their latest air-cooled boxer?

Happy New Year....ciao.

hoyt

thanks Carl.

The engine, wheels, & suspension of the MGS-01 are incredible. And, I've always thought Guzzi has created one of the most beautiful tail pieces in motorcycle history (they nailed the shape of that arc). 

Hehe that's a fact. The best would be to get it to production so that there would be a sport motorcycle on the new series line up. :mg:

**if the 4-valve can't meet emissions, then how is BMW pulling off the performance with their latest air-cooled boxer?

Happy New Year....ciao.

hoyt

72557[/snapback]

The Guzzi four valve can't meet emissions, not a fourvalve can't meet emissions. The problem is the Guzzi four valve heads were designed as a stop gap about 15 years ago to fit in the current at the time two valve cases. The major limiting factor exasperated by the cam in head design was a serious lack of room betwwen the existing cylinder studs. The lack of room is why when the motor runs lean it tends to crack heads. The problem I have with the current wo valve is it had less performance than the V11 series. The V11 is a fun bike to ride but to make something like the MGS-01 and not have some kick to back up the look would be a serius crime especailly in the current sportsbike market.

It doen't have to have class leading performance but it should have a bit more than the two valve pushes out at the moment IMO anyway otherwise they won't sell very many of them and at the end of the day thats the whole piont.