V11 Sport concept

hoytstaab

hello,

The MGS-01 is an awesome motorcycle (stating the obvious, i know)....light weight, shorter wheelbase, great street performance, and the rear suspension probably functions as well as it looks.  Hopefully Guzzi will make a street version.... 

72433[/snapback]

Maybe the MGS-F will meet your needs.

New Guzzi's?

**if the 4-valve can't meet emissions, then how is BMW pulling off the performance with their latest air-cooled boxer?

Happy New Year....ciao.

hoyt

Perhaps Guzzi wasn't able (or willing)to invest on improving 4V engines' performance ,and or for the reasons "Murray" explains above.

Maybe the MGS-F will meet your needs.

New Guzzi's?

72788[/snapback]

Jim, are those actual models or yet-to-be-created designs? I used Bablefish to translate the page & it seemed like they were designs. I'm not crazy about the MGS-F due to the undertail exhausts, but the "Intrepida" is very cool.

thanks

Perhaps Guzzi wasn't able (or willing)to invest on improving 4V engines' performance  ,and or for the reasons "Murray" explains above.

72789[/snapback]

Agreed & I know Guzzi's financial position hasn't been the easiest in the last 5 years (and, yet they still somehow managed to push-on & develop at least 3 new bikes - Breva 750, 1100, & Griso).

The intent of my original post was to share an idea. Also, to discuss the next possible new model from Mandello. The MGS-01 has generated a level of enthusiasm that still exists throughout the whole cycle industry. Persuading the factory to deliver a street-performance sport bike is the goal (the "street performance sportbike" is an emerging market segment - e.g. Triumph 675)

I agree with Murray's points about a successful MGS street-going version depends on having peformance to backup the looks. But, considering the weight reduction of about 60 pounds and a 2 inch reduction in wheelbase (when comparing the MGS to a V11 Sport), a lot of performance can be gained by reducing weight. Imagine your V11's weighing 60 lbs. less !!

on a side note, the Centauro/V11 Sport specials I have seen since posting my photoshop'd version have been great to see. The Belgian with one-off fuel tank is sweet (more photos please). I also saw a home-made MGS-01 in the random photos...anyone know more about that one? The photo I saw was from the back and it had the cantilever rear shock. I would like to see if someone is reproducing the rear swingarm & rear shock of the MGS-01.

Imagine your V11's weighing 60 lbs. less !!

72820[/snapback]

It does I have a carbed 1100 sport. The current two valve ie the twin spark motor produces less overall hp than the V11's while the extra spin up speed is handy its still got to push itself throught he air especally as the speeds increase. With the prevalance of people attending track days any road going MGS should be able at least cut it with the 1000ss DS and 748/9 brigade. The current motor won't do that, my bike with race carbs and full race exhaust won't do that, need something to take the next step me thinks.

I don't care what the question is the answer is more power!

I don't care what the question is the answer is more power!

72824[/snapback]

More power ? Are there any aftermarket engine companies building Guzzi engines ?

There must be 30 or more companies (in the US alone) building clones of the H-D Evo motor out of billet aluminum. These motors are built up to a 1750cc, 1850cc, and higher. The claimed output is 120 hp and 125 ft/lbs. of torque at the rear wheel.

A Guzzi motor built in the same fashion seems like it would have more and better power than the Evo platform. (even if the Evo had higher capacity).

Jim,  are those actual models or yet-to-be-created designs?  I used Bablefish to translate the page & it seemed like they were designs.  I'm not crazy about the MGS-F due to the undertail exhausts, but the "Intrepida" is very cool.

thanks

72816[/snapback]

They are concept bikes done (I believe) by members of the Guzzilandia forum. I find them all quite interesting but also needing refinement. Perhaps Goffredo can help us with the story behind these designs.

I find these 3 most interesting at capturing the past and the future.

mgsf.JPG

intrepida.JPG

california_EV.JPG