Speaking of tires

Alex-Corsa

Lattely I have seen these coloured tires and though I have hered before I didn;t know that they exist

Colored tires

also here or here

Well had anyone heared about these tires they are advertised as of excelent made ,ect.ect. are there any real experiences with those?

P.S. They do look funny :lol: as well perhaps "too much" when fitted on a bike

Re-treaded bike tires? I don't think so! You will never see re-treads for bikes, the lawyers will see to that.

These colored tires use special color compounds when mixing with carbon black, the main compound of any tire.

I think they are total squidly and silly looking, but perfect for the 'attention whores' among us.

Ciao, Steve G.

they are retreads, actually

72865[/snapback]

Well, I like the idea of coloured tyres - even more I like the idea of solid coloured tyres - they're made for mountain bikes and are very comfortable, and entirely puncture immune. Unfortunately, I guess a solid motorcycle tyre would weigh far too much to make it a viable proposition - but we can still dream of punture free riding :blush:

As for retreads - I'm no expert, but what little I know makes me very unhappy with the idea of a retread on a bike - don't care how good the technology is - I've seen too much retread rubber shed on the motorway to want to even try them - I'll stick with plain black new tyres - literally, I'll stick!!!

The T1 has excellent dry and wet traction, smooth cornering and good wear. Exclusive COLOR compounds offer personalization and exclusivity. No compromise in handling because of the color. High silica content offers Sport tire grip, handling and performance. Color does not change as the tire wears. Any road dirt washes up with soap and water. Remold technology is our special process of taking an existing tire and re-vulcanizing new "virgin" rubber back on, using state-of-the-art European equipment. All Tomahawk tires are tested using Laser Shearography (X-Ray), inspecting inside the tire body, making our factory one of the most sophisticated of its type in the world. In fact, our main business is the remolding of aircraft tires, which we hold FAA approval rating for up to 225 MPH ground speeds! Since most new tires do not go through shearography and our tires do, it may be said that Tomahawk tires are produced to a higher standard than new tires.

My only concern would be what carcasses are they using.

If they are Cheng Shin, then no thank you.

But I think some of our bikes would look great with Red tires!

I've been told that 95% of those tire chunks you see on the road are NOT from retreads.

72875[/snapback]

So where the heck do the 'chunks' come from then!!!??? Does that statistic say that a standard tyre is 95% more likely than a retread to shed its carcass? I don't buy that at all!

Well, I like the idea of coloured tyres - even more I like the idea of solid coloured tyres - they're made for mountain bikes and are very comfortable, and entirely puncture immune. Unfortunately, I guess a solid motorcycle tyre would weigh far too much to make it a viable proposition - but we can still dream of punture free riding  :blush:

72868[/snapback]

I tried "solid" tyres on my ATB and because I'm a fat git the rolling resistance was incredible. Like riding on very soft tyres. I'm not sure they would have been much better had I been svelte.

Side by side on a down hill stretch I had to pedal to keep up with a coasting friend.

I went back to normal tyres but use a Kevlar barrier between tube and tyre.

:2c:  i wouldn't put reatreads on my car and definately not on my bike.. and coloured tyres  :vomit:  :vomit: .i might consider retreads for my wheelbarrow if the price was right.. :rasta:

72914[/snapback]

ROTFLMFHO