Removing v11 tank

dangerous

Ok.... the bolt is easy nuff.... but how do the fuel conectors release???

Bloody hand book shows how to remove the air filter..... but not the tank :homer:

So are the 2 fandangle conectors quick release and have a self closing cock (no fuel spilage) or do I need the bolt cutters :huh2:

No bolt cutters needed, just a swear jar! Grab the grey ring and pull it towards the fuel line away from the tank, that usually works for me. You can also put slight pressure holding the line back towards the tank while pulling the grey ring away from the tank. Actually they work pretty well once figured out.

Hal

Be careful when removing the lines, there still could be fuel pressure in the lines. Have a rag ready and perhaps eye protection. I push the fuel line toward the tank and pull the gray connector toward the line, the line will slide right off.

Mike

Ok.... the bolt is easy nuff.... but how do the fuel conectors release???

Bloody hand book shows how to remove the air filter..... but not the tank  :homer:

So are the 2 fandangle conectors quick release and have a self closing cock (no fuel spilage) or do I need the bolt cutters  :huh2:

73894[/snapback]

Be careful when removing the lines, there still could be fuel pressure in the lines. Have a rag ready and perhaps eye protection.  I push the fuel line toward the tank and pull the gray connector toward the line, the line will slide right off.

Mike

73901[/snapback]

I've always found it helpfull to run the bike till it runs dry after you shut the fuel valve. :2c:

Unfortunately there is no fuel shut off valve on the 03 bikes, the fuel pump is inside the tank. Even if you did pull the fuel pump fuse or relay and ran the bike until it died, there could still be residual fuel pressure in the lines. Also best to pull the lines when the motor is cool. :blush:

Mike

I've always found it helpfull to run the bike till it runs dry after you shut the fuel valve.  :2c:

73933[/snapback]