Hmmmmm

guzziownr

I am not sure if it is the same or not. The Ghezzi-Brian uses that weird shaft in the center of the rear wheel as seen in the picture and the V11 does not. So :huh2: Not really sure.

Mike

Will that rear wheel match a standard v11 rear drive? It doesnt look like it will. I'm the high bidder right now but that will change soon I'll bet.

74372[/snapback]

To me , it shoud fit a v11 with few work.

Need to change the wheel bearing because G&B use a different size of wheel axle and remove the spacer to replace by the v11 one.

But you will still need to buy the inverted brakes from braking after ;o)

the rear wheel is no gain over a v11 wheel, not lighter, and once fittet you don't see a difference, if there is one, I think they are the same almost.

The front wheel is only interesting if you want the brakes, but the brakes&caliper aren't with it, so first see if you can get them, and for what price. It might be expensive.

btw, can any of the happy owner of a Folgore, an STW or a bike fitted with the OZ wheels tell me what's the minimal size of tyre i can put on these wheels ? i'm thinking more and more buying these OZ wheels but as i don't want to fit large tyres (the shaft is maybe 0,1 mm from the 160 tyre already...)

merci :)

The OZ wheels came in two sizes for the rear. The STW used (I believe) a 4.5 inch rim and a 160 tire and the Folgore has the 5.5 inch rim and uses a 180 tire. I am not positive, but the rear swingarm may be different on the Folgore to get more clearence for the 180 tire. The STW I saw with the 160 tire had about 10mm of clearence between tire and shaft. My Folgore has way less, perhaps 5mm of clearence.

Mike

btw, can any of the happy owner of a Folgore, an STW or a bike fitted with the OZ wheels tell me what's the minimal size of tyre i can put on these wheels ? i'm thinking more and more buying these OZ wheels but as i don't want to fit large tyres (the shaft is maybe 0,1 mm from the 160 tyre already...)

merci :)

74416[/snapback]

I am pretty sure the seller does not have the brakes to go with the wheels. They did not even know what the wheels fit.

I have been thinking of changing my front forks on my Folgore to a Ducati 916 or 749/999 fork. Reason being is the Paoli forks have a weak compression stack and I could get more parts for the (Ohlins internals) Showa forks anywhere. I could either go with the 916 fork and keep the perimeter brake setup or go with the 999 fork and either go with the 4 pad calipers or radial calipers. The sky is the limit! I think the front wheel weight could be less with out the perimeter brakes and the performance would be the same or better with the 4 pad caliper. Finding a Ducati OZ front wheel should not be to difficult.

Mike

the rear wheel is no gain over a v11 wheel, not lighter, and once fittet you don't see a difference, if there is one, I think they are the same almost.

The front wheel is only interesting if you want the brakes, but the brakes&caliper aren't with it, so first see if you can get them, and for what price.  It might be expensive.

74411[/snapback]

The STW I saw with the 160 tire had about 10mm of clearence between tire and shaft.  My Folgore has way less, perhaps 5mm of clearence.

Mike

74433[/snapback]

thanx mike !

yes, on my STW, the original mount was 160 D207 and the clearance was wow close to nothing...Scary really. i don't want a larger tyre tho, i appreciate the fact Wonderbra is very agile and i'm afraid I won't have as much zapiness with a 180...

It seems the Dunlop tires run slightly wider than the Metzelers and Pirelli tires. I gained 1 to 2 mm. just by changing brands of tires. I feel more trusting with Metzelers and Pirelli tires also.

Mike

thanx mike !

yes, on my STW, the original mount was 160 D207 and the clearance was wow close to nothing...Scary really. i don't want a larger tyre tho, i appreciate the fact Wonderbra is very agile and i'm afraid I won't have as much zapiness with a 180...

74435[/snapback]

I don't want to pop anyones' bubble but I have the last set of perimeter brake rotors made...bought 'em last month directly from Sunstar(brakings' distributor)& these were IT, they have no more and are no longer producing them. I was told Braking is coming up with a different type perimeter brake but will not fit the earlier wheels. Nice wheels tho'!

Supertwin,

I noticed when I had the Folgore at the track that when I would come into the pits the front brake would make a strange loud rubbing sound when the brake was applied lightly. It would go away when it cooled off, but then return after going out on the track again. I have not heard this when I ride on the street. Have you had anything like this on your bike?

Also, would the Buell perimeter brakes be the same?

Thanks,

Mike

I don't want to pop anyones' bubble but I have the last set of perimeter brake rotors made...bought 'em last month directly from Sunstar(brakings' distributor)& these were IT, they have no more and are no longer producing them.  I was told Braking is coming up with a different type perimeter brake but will not fit the earlier wheels.  Nice wheels  tho'!

74438[/snapback]

Supertwin,

I noticed when I had the Folgore at the track that when I would come into the pits the front brake would make a strange loud rubbing sound when the brake was applied lightly. 

74440[/snapback]

i have the same phenomenon on my STW, on the track also; i've been told it's only the heat that makes the perimeter discs ever so slighlty "micro-bigger" and that can sometimes cause the pads to 'attack" the discs in a more noisy manner.

Well, we are winding down on 2 rotors, 3 times as large as production rotors and noise(sound)emitted is a different frequency due to this. There's also 3 times as many cross drills so the, what we refer to as "normal",sound of say a Ducati brake "moan" is expanded as well. Yes, we could start a new thread on PERIMETER BRAKE NOISE but there's only 50 of us who could enter the discourse.

Ghezzi-Brian Supertwins=50, aren't ya' glad? Jihem and Mike...you'll like this-

Dyno shootout at local Harley dealership...dyno runs $10.00, regularly $60.

Many H-D bikes clocking 65 horses @103mph(170kph)on a 4th gear "roll-on" so I throw down my 10 spot and hand them the keys. The techs begin to smile as the road speed hits 138mph(232kph)and the chassis dyno instruments read 87hp and 64 ft.lbs of torque @ 7800rpm. 2nd run was identical. Techs sat scratchin' their heads how a V-twin can spool up to 138(232kph)in 4th gear,no less, with less displacement. Gotta' lot of interesting comments from the Techs,positive vibrations! That was the best $10.00 I've ever spent!