Building a My16M - text and pictures.

jenslh

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I just finished building Cliff's My16M for my 1997 Sport1100i.

Considering the number of ECU posts here, I thought you might want to see the making of a My16M.....

http://www.guzzitech.dk/10/1100%20Sport/My16M/My16M.htm

/Jens

www.guzzitech.dk/english

74854[/snapback]

Interesting post,giving light to the "dark side" of this ECU rebuild :luigi:

and I mean finding an old ECU emptying it out and reconnect the OBD port thingie.

Though I have grown up building electronic kits with the soldering iron there are some years I have not messed up with that...now all these pics brought memmories back :lol:

P.S.edt. What's hat poti on the left side of the optimizer doing?

I hve also seen thattere is a also PC thingie that can adjust the ingnition curves,

now that's also interesting. I hope that doesn't require to have the MyECU unit to work. I guess I'll have to contact Cliff for this

Edited by Alex-Corsa

I hve also seen thattere is a also PC thingie that can adjust the ingnition curves,

74865[/snapback]

I think you're referring to the Tuneboy. Works for the 15M but not for the 16M of P8 though.

I hope that doesn't require to have the MyECU unit to work.

74865[/snapback]

Yes it does.

The pot allows the rider to perform various mapping in realtime, including mixture, spark advance, mixture advance, closed loop targets and more. While riding, if you find a spot where the bike is missing, you can turn the knob to enrichen or lean till the bike performs as expected and then make that change to the map.

I think you're referring to the Tuneboy. Works for the 15M but not for the 16M of P8 though.

Yes it does.

The pot allows the rider to perform various mapping in realtime, including mixture, spark advance, mixture advance, closed loop targets and more.  While riding, if you find a spot where the bike is missing, you can turn the knob to enrichen or lean till the bike performs as expected and then make that change to the map.

Thanks Cliff for the info though that question was also about this

Rec-Ignition

And if it does have to be connected only to the My16M(the Rec-Ign.), to work.

So what's about this new thing??

Your answers fill me with understanding about the unit and more questions.

i.e. lets say that you have made your real time adjustments on the road. are these saved by somekind , or can you use different saved maps while on the road, so you can swhitch back and forth in those mappings?

TIA :bier:

Edited by Alex-Corsa

The Rec-Ignition is not intended for the FI bikes but for everything else. This would be an enhancement for those running off points or replacement for broken Dynas etc.

Interesting idea. It could probably be made into a Power Commander style addon where it can advance or retard a few degrees from what the ECU is generating.

I feel ill now.

The Rec-Ignition is not intended for the FI bikes but for everything else. This would be an enhancement for those running off points or replacement for broken Dynas etc.

Interesting idea. It could probably be made into a Power Commander style addon where it can advance or retard a few degrees from what the ECU is generating.

I feel ill now.

I feel ill already :lol:.That;s a catch ,none is messing till now with advance and dual spark in such a unit.(for the Fi's-see below) .

That's an interesting thing to do, sth like a "spark optimizer"(with more or less features).

There is a lot of "meat: in the spark I think c024.gif

Yes it does.

The pot allows the rider to perform various mapping in realtime, including mixture, spark advance, mixture advance, closed loop targets and more.  While riding, if you find a spot where the bike is missing, you can turn the knob to enrichen or lean till the bike performs as expected and then make that change to the map.

74874[/snapback]

Cliff, have you ever considered making the My16 compatible with the PCIII?

Cliff, have you ever considered making the My16 compatible with the PCIII?

74905[/snapback]

Do you mean working with the Dyno Tunelink? Wayne of Tuneboy offered to give me the code and help to do so. I haven't got around to it yet.

It doesn't really add that much. Running my controller closed loop works better IMHO.

It doesn't really add that much. Running my controller closed loop works better IMHO.

It seems to me also so intergrated that you don't need any other sources.

What it may need would be an compatibility or it's own software to make diagnosis on the bike's Sensors, Fuel pump,Injectors and so on, Or does it do all these already??? :huh2: Perhaps wiht a software so you have screen monitoring on those.

Do you mean working with the Dyno Tunelink? Wayne of Tuneboy offered to give me the code and help to do so. I haven't got around to it yet.
Yes.

74908[/snapback]

The three dyno operators I've worked with do rely on the tuning link - and have developed a certain "expertise" with it. Seems to shorten the process if nothing else.

Any idea when that feature might be available for the My16? I know that would probably foreclose "closed loop" option. From what I've read, and reports I've heard - you have managed to address any number of shortcomings with the Weber Marelli which makes you computer very appealing.

Another question I have (I'm asking everybody who might have dealt with the issue) deals with the ignition map. I understand yours is fully adjustable, but I assume you start with a map that you've tested. Is it similar / same to that found on the existing Weber Marelli? Have you had occasion to develop one for twin plugged heads? What is the best way to go about adjusting ignition timing? Do yo first get f/a sorted, then play with timing? If so, what are you looking for at various throttle settings? I suppose for full throttle it's simply a matter of balancing power against pinging - but how about at smaller throttle settings?

Sorry for so many questions. Frankly, I'd hoped there was a formula similar to f/a to shoot for with ignition, but the maps I've seen thus far don't show that consistency. Much greater advance at partial throttle, lesser at full throttle. What should be looked for when adjusting timing? Apologies if some of this is proprietary, but I'm at the point where I'm about to build an ignition map for a very aggresive cam in high compression flowed heads so any 'tips" as to setting ignition are most appreciated.

FWIW, I'm gong to try to get the factory ignition table for the Breva / Griso twin plugged motors - see how it differs from stock sport i and from the modified dual plug alternatives I'm aware of.

TIA.

I doubt I would have the feature in by 6 months. It would be the bottom of my list and there are many other features to be added.

All of my ECUs are firmware upgradable so they can always get the latest features.

Things I'll looking at soon are, multiple spark, 2 gas sensor inputs and independent closed loop for each cylinder, my own wide band gas sensor controller.

Got to keep ahead of the PCIV Firewire. :D

I.

Things I'll looking at soon are, multiple spark, 2 gas sensor inputs and independent closed loop for each cylinder, my own wide band gas sensor controller.

Got to keep ahead of the PCIV Firewire. :D

Now that's a big tease :rolleyes:

P.S. What's the "PCIV Firewire"??

:bier:

The successor to the PC III USB?

It's nothing really. :D

75028[/snapback]

I thought the PCIV was going to be BlueTooth...

(Bluetooth, so you can go to rallies and download people's map on them remotely with one of those blue tooth mobile phone addressbook and password stealing devices :P )