Parts Availability

Jim Malm

The parts ordered by me and my local dealer, Westside Powersports, in early September finally appeared last week. I had ordered a socket head screw for one missing on the LeMans' fairing and the dealer ordered parts for the broken shifter spring repair so often discussed in this forum.

Is that the usual lag time it takes to get parts from Mr. Guzzi these days or is that an indication that the parts supply might be getting better under the new ownership? Thought comparing notes on this might be worthwhile.

BTW the parts shipped for the spring repair included a new spring but no replacement pawl with a smaller boss. I'm really glad I got that replacement spring from the folks in Oklahoma City and had the pawl boss turned down to 15mm. The dealer was very kind in covering the repair under warranty using the aftermarket spring.

Jim

:2c: well jim i think that the future is brighter for all guzzi owners.under the apprillia banner, so heres hoping that the sales of brevas and grisos do well as it can only be a good thing for past and present guzzistas in my belief. :bier:

The parts ordered by me and my local dealer, Westside Powersports, in early September finally appeared last week.  I had ordered a socket head screw for one missing on the LeMans' fairing and the dealer ordered parts for the broken shifter spring repair so often discussed in this forum.

Is that the usual lag time it takes to get parts from Mr. Guzzi these days or is that an indication that the parts supply might be getting better under the new ownership?  Thought comparing notes on this might be worthwhile.

BTW the parts shipped for the spring repair included a new spring but no replacement pawl with a smaller boss.  I'm really glad I got that replacement spring from the folks in Oklahoma City and had the pawl boss turned down to 15mm.  The dealer was very kind in covering the repair under warranty using the aftermarket spring.

Jim

75445[/snapback]

I have found getting parts for my old skool guzzi is much easier than for my 03 lemans. My nearest dealer is 130 miles away so hes very little help. I find most of the help and assistance has come from this site, its sponsers and the guzzi tech site.

God... we both know I don't really believe in you as a genie-type of deity who grants wishes and scores touchdowns for people... but just in case.

PLEEEASE keep my Guzzi from ever needing service requiring replacement parts.

Amen.