Evoluzione footpeg relocation kit

bigbikerrick

well I received my evo footpeg relo. kit ( Thanks Greg,and MI) Its a high quality kit with excellent instructions including very clear pictures. Mounted up in a jiffy, afer adjusting my rear brake pedal down as far as it would go, Ive ridden the bike for 2 days now and can say "the operation was a success" in combination with my rubber topped cbr 600 footpegs, my feet/legs are real comfortable now. The reach to the controls is just right for my size 11 clodhoppers. longer rides should be much better even though the most ive gone as of yet is 125 miles in a stretch. I would have to hang my feet down to stretch my legs after about 40 miles before, not anymore. The kit only cost $30. shipped, I think its money well spent for sure. now to install some napoleon bar ends, so I can see behind me and to help with the vibes...... :luigi::race:

Guest Mich-Guzzi

I also just added the footpeg kit. It seems to be big improvement - but I haven't yet ridden the bike - winter here Michigan :( . A bit of a reach to the shifter but not bad. Installation took all of 20 minutes. I will post pic's soon.

Also added the MPH riser kit and the new riding position seems perfect!

I also just added the footpeg kit.  It seems to be big improvement - but I haven't yet ridden the bike - winter here Michigan  :( .  A bit of a reach to the shifter but not bad.  Installation took all of 20 minutes.  I will post pic's soon.

Also added the MPH riser kit and the new riding position seems perfect!

76838[/snapback]

whats the scoop on the mph riser kit? Price? do you need longer lines/cables? Thanks!

Hey Rick...

Post some pics please ....of the installed setup

:)

76822[/snapback]

I dont have a digital camera at the moment, I think someone else hare had some pics of this setup, maybe they will chime in, If I get a hold of a digi cam I will shoot a couple of pics and post them.

Guest Mich-Guzzi
whats the scoop on the mph riser kit? Price? do you need longer lines/cables? Thanks!

76859[/snapback]

The kit comes with the risers, stub bars and a new clutch and front brake line. The throttle cabe gets routed behind the front fork leg. Installation required removal of the seat, tank, airbox and in my case, the rear wheel - which made the clutch line change easier. About 2.5 hours. Looks very nice installed and significantly improved the ergo's - although I haven't ridden it yet.

Price is about $400 delivered. Here's the link to the source: http://www.mphcycles.com/

Guest Mich-Guzzi
You might want to mention your shoe size.  I like the new placement that the kit provides, but my size 9.5 (34?? cm Euro) foot had to reach for the shifter.

77324[/snapback]

Size 11 US - and yes, the shifter seems far away now. But I am considering a modification to move the shifter stub closer to the peg. We will see.

"I am starting to notice a trend" said general Custer as the 3rd arrow went through his hat...Seriously ,the reach from the left peg to the shifter seems to be an issue on the v11 especially if the pegs are moved rearward as with the Evo kit.. moving the shifter stub somewhat to the rear would take care of the problem... cutting and welding the shifter stub bach by 1/2 inch ( or more) would work , but TIG welders(the workers, not the equipment) somehow( at least in my experience) are allergic to cast alluminium, fearing the casting porosity to be an issue when welding the shifter stub back on... any feedback from guys that have some experience with that or have tried ?

"I am starting to notice a trend" said general Custer as the 3rd arrow went through his hat...Seriously ,the reach from the left peg to the shifter seems to be an issue on the v11 especially if the pegs are moved rearward as with the Evo kit.. moving the shifter stub somewhat to the rear would take care of the problem... cutting and welding the shifter stub bach by 1/2 inch ( or more) would work , but TIG welders(the workers, not the equipment) somehow( at least in my experience) are allergic to cast alluminium, fearing the casting porosity to be an issue when welding the shifter stub back on... any feedback from guys that have some experience with that or have tried ?

77370[/snapback]

I was looking at my shifter today and think a bolt on solution to moving the shifter peg back 1/2 to 3/4 inch could be fabricated pretty easy. I was thinking of a piece of flat steel about 1/8 inch thick about an inch long and about 3/8 inch wide you could drill a hole where the shifter peg goes and bolt this piece of strap to the bikes shifter facing rearward, then have a nut of the same thread as the shifter peg welded on to it , then screw on the shifter peg, it would then sit about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch rearward, you could also "rotate" the steel adaptor to adjust the height of the shift peg slightly. the beauty of this is that its all bolt on, and removable if you choose to go back to the stock peg location. :thumbsup:

Almost anything would be easier than what I did, which was carve the shifter out of a block of aluminum. Well, two blocks actually, but one piece was real easy. The brake lever is a piece of cake, since it is flat. The shifter has a compound curve in it that is hell to make.

Here's some pictures in this thread (these two threads are slowly merging):

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7151&hl=