TRUE TALES OF A 4000 MILE SERVICE

PEPPERONI BROS.

After 3900 miles, my original Bridgestones were toast, so along with mounting a set of Avon Azaros & painting the inner spokes of the wheels to match the red porkchop, I thought I would catch up on some maintenance and apply some of the wisdom and knowledge that I've gleaned from this wonderful website. The first surprize was the destroyed inner wheel bearing and ungreased drive splines. It does appear that the bearing carrier was incorrectly machined, I field remedied it with one of those little sanding drums and a Dremel tool, making it as round as I could until the bearing, when pressed in, ran smooth. Greasing the driveshaft required just about every adaptor trick in my arsenal! This was my first upside down fork service and I am here to tell you that you DO have to completely disassemble them to get all the oil out, otherwise you will have a fork with about an inch of travel! I followed Rich Maund's 7w fork oil recommendation and Graham from NZ suspension settings and am very happy with the results! Now she drives like the fine machine she was meant to be! Thanks to all, Tom :bier::rasta: