Help on ConvertiBARS installation

Jim Malm

This directed to those of you who have installed the ConvertiBAR system on your LeMans. Did you mount the new clamps so that the top triple clamp is in the position where the stock bar clamp came off? The top of the triple clamp will now be where the top of the stock bar clamp was formerly located - about level with the top of the fork top. I fear my question may be stoopid, as it appears that the above configuration will be the best way to put things back together, but I have also discovered "intuitive" does not always work. Thanks for your input in advance.

Are there any pitfalls in the installation that I should be aware of? I would appreciate any helpful hints you may have for me to make this installation go smoothly.

Jim

Guest trispeed

make sure that the position of the triple clamps doesn't change at all;

place the new bar mount clamps underneath the top triple clamp and adjust per the instructions. Take your time, you'll only need to do it once.

I installed the convertibars on a V11 sport, so I don't have fairing clearance issues.

I too, have a sport, but with longer Ohlins. Because they are longer, I could mount the convertibars on top.

The convertibars need to grab more fork than the LeMans clip ons, so you may need to lower the front of the bike a little to get more fork.

Make sure the front fender does not bottom out.

Or just do what TriSpeed suggest and mount them between the triple clamps.

They are designed to adjust very high, so go for it.

The biggest things to worry about are that the handlebar movement does not effect the throttle, and that when the forks are fully extended, the front brake line is still loose.

Hitting the fairing or tank will be self evident.

Did you get the extended cables, etc.?

Thanks for the replies and advice. It came to me in the middle of the night that that top triple clamp must be positioned right where it was to function properly. I've gotten to the point of getting the triple clamp off after figutring out the little knob on the top of the steering stem is threaded. The installation looks pretty straight forward, but know there is always something unanticipated that pops up. I did not get the extended cables.

I'll probably have some more questions as the installation progresses this weekend. I'll post a summary when done in the event others might be interested. Thanks again!

BTW no riding here today - 5 degress and a sub-zero wind chill. A good day to work in the heated shop!

Jim