Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain (NGC)

beauchemin

Cobain Lives!

It just proves how great song writing is what does it.

While searching to confirm that Kurt Cobain was the author, I found this tidbit:

Where did the title for "Smells Like Teen Spirit" come from? The deodorant?

One day Kurt and a friend were having a discussion about teenage revolution, they later got drunk and his friend wrote on the wall 'Kurt smells like teen spirit.' Kurt was inspired, he thought she meant he would be the type of person who could incite a teen rebellion. He went and wrote the song. She thought that he just smelled like the deodorant. Kurt hadn't heard of the deodorant at the time, and he claimed to have rarely used it himself.

Guest aironepony

Damn the internet. We have tried to keep one of our most precious jewels to ourselves, we have failed thanks to the internet.

Do not listen.

Eshew all temptation.

Secrecy is almost impossible these days; but we do have more, as yet, unrevealed jewels like this.

Please turn away, focus on those nicer things, Bruce Springsteen, Frank Sinatra and all of those other wonderful distractions............ :thumbsup:

I don't know about the rest of the world but for my generation losing Cobain was a HUGE lose, comparable to losing elvis(if he died in his prime) or david hasselhoff for zee germans, at least we still have dave grohl THAT man is dashite. :thumbsup:

I used to own Nirvana's whole cateloge except for outcesticide but a couple got stolen. Personaly I think Live in New York is the greatest album ever, PERIOD. You can take that to the bank. :drink: