lemans to griso mph/tach swap

wheelsucker

ok, so lets suppose the mounting was set up, what else needs to be done as far as the computer control? Does the MPH and Tach need to be recalibrated or regeared? Any mechanically inclined people have any ideas? I can swap an exhaust or add accessory lights but this is a little out of my league right now, just trying to guage the difficulty.

The griso and the breva use a proximity pickup off the rear wheel to calculate the speed so you would need to fit that type of sensor at least. Then it comes down to if the Griso's display has its own processing simlar to a push bike speedo or a digital dirt bike speedo (pretty common now) or simply has a bit of software in the ECU to drive it.

You would probally need to take a good hard look at a griso wiring diagram to work out if the tacho pickup speed pickup, oil preasure switch and fuel flow all go directly to the instrument cluster its a fair bet its independant of the ECU (remeber a lot of these will go to the ECU as well). If there is simply two wires into the instrument cluster (aside from lighting) these are probally data lines which means the ECU is driving it which makes it a lot tricker. Anyone know if the instrument cluster has its own battery? this would also be a sign its independant of the ECU.

I did take a look at the wiring diagram of the breva 1100. The ecu and dash are connected by a CAN bus, that is a digital signal line. The revs and speed are transmitted over the CAN bus to the dash. So only the lights might work. If you want a digital dash, there are aftermarket suppliers that make it easier.

like this or lots of others:

http://www.aimsports.com/products/m3-gold-auto/index.html