Tenni seat

G.POLEGATO

:mg: Hi all Tenni owners,today the Moto Guzzi dealer told me the price of the suede seat for Tenni, about 310 Euro. If anyone have to buy one of this,bring quickly because the factory don't have much of this in stock. I have fit on my Tenni the suede 3 time but honestly i prefere to leave mine at home :!: Best regards #60 Giovanni :helmet:

:mg: Hi all Tenni owners,today the Moto Guzzi dealer told me the price of the suede seat for Tenni, about 310 Euro[1]. If anyone have to buy one of this,bring quickly because the factory don't have much of this in stock[2]. I have fit on my Tenni the suede 3 time but honestly i prefere to leave mine at home[3] :!:  Best regards #60  Giovanni :helmet:

80983[/snapback]

[1] Yikes! :o 310 E$ is a LOT for a seat with a lower marginal utility than the standard vinyl unit...

[2] Hopefully, they'll close'em out to some aftermarket dealer like they did with the spare stock of V11 engines to that German shop, & the buyer can in turn make'em available at a much lower price!

[3] Anyone with a Tenni has the choice of: 1) bagging the suede seat & keeping it unused until such time as they sell it with the bike or enter the bike in a concours [for the added "collector value" the pristine seat will bring] or 2) using it as a spare while they're having the standard seat customized for comfort or 3) selling it on Ebay for someone who doesn't understand that Omobono Tenni used a suede seat way back in the day because the suspension of the time [even tho' Guzzi was in the vanguard of this tech forefront] was so execrable that he needed help staying on [which, as contemporary accounts seem to make clear, he was not entirely successful in doing at times... ;) ]

I'd actually fall into the Category 3 buying position, sorta, since I'd want it to use for Category 2 purposes & then be a Cat3 seller when I'm done with it... :grin:

Hey, can I get a Brotherhood of the Traveling Seat goin' here? Maybe we can make a movie out of it & recover the costs of recovering (& recontouring, repadding, etc.) our seats! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

GUYS , WHY BUY ONE.

IWHEN I DID THE SEAT SURGERY ON MY TENNI i took the seat apart and made the openning in the center of the seat and then had a car seat shop sew it and staple it back together .i also added 1 1/2 inches of height which works wonders on my knees and now i have zero turbulance on my helmet.

i also added the hi risers .

and ,with my black seat ,i took it to the same shop ,after doing all the mods and also increasing the height , and got porsche red perforated leather on top and half way down the sides and grey color on the sides to match the tank.

when i can will take a picture and post it.

anyhow ,my point is that you can buy the same suede that comes in the bike and exchange it for the worn out one and any car seat shop can do it for you.

in miami i paid $ 3o. for the brown one and $ 175 for the red including labor and material.

• 1 month later...

I got a spare suede seat, a month after I got my #132, I will sell the vinil black seat on ebay soon or later, to me that suede seat is a must for the look of the bike, also I got some piece of same suede and replaced the rubber handlebar cover. I wish I could ride the bike, there are spider web on it.

Ciao.