Is this okay?

Guest jmnvhc

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess what Ratchet and Mike are saying is that when the spacer is on the wrong side, the wheel is oriented correctly, ie. inner spacer is protruding to the left, but the outter spacer is on the right, but not correct side. The outter spacer ends up sliding over the spindle, effectively doing nothing, meanwhile the inner spacer does take up the slack on the left side and almost gets the job done, but it is about two mm shorter than the outter spacer that should be on the left side.

(sorry that was a mouth full)

Does that make sense????

PS

I don't really care sense Mike helped me go to the Ohlins :D

Guest ratchethack

I reckon that's about the size of it, Chief! ;)

Case closed.

I forgot, Dave - you don't even have this setup anymore?!?

In this case, extra special thanks for the helpful input and drawing! :notworthy:

Sorry for the delay,

It was finally a sunny day in Nothern California and I just had to go out for a ride :race:

Yes Ratchet, you do have it correct!

Mike

OK - since it's raining and I'm kinda stuck here, I'll take a stab at it.

The difference in length between the external spacer (#8 in drawing) and the stepped portion of the inner spacer (#3 in drawing) is ~2 mm.

Does that about cover it, Mike? :huh2:

EDIT:

Though this is not at all evident in the drawing, by looking at the actual assembly (without actually having it apart) the external spacer looks like it would fit OVER the larger-diameter right-hand side of the spindle.  It should be glaringly obvious to anyone that it couldn't possibly serve any purpose on this side - it'd spin uselessly. :homer:

82661[/snapback]