Real Genius!

soloNH

There was a thread about a guy being a real genius a short while ago but this is legit.

http://www.georgebeale.co.uk/

This months Motor Cyclist mag. tells the story about George Beale who replicates bikes like the Benelli 6, some of you may be aware of him but what I didn't know is that he has been buzy remaking the Honda RC174 250 6 race bikes!!!!

Talk about genious, he had an origional engine from Honda to take measurements from when he took it out of the crate he thought it was just the empty cases it was so light, but it was a complete motor. They believe it was the last one built for Hailwood before Honda left Moto GP so the enginering challange was formidable to say the least

Needless to say with enough $$$$$$ and time anyone could own a working copy of what I think is probably the most coveted race bike of all time. :P:

When Honda needed to run a couple of the origionals out in public receintly they needed to replace the oil radiators and turned to George to make them for him as no one else knew how.

Truely :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Oh..., to hear one wailing at 17000 RPM down the straights at some track, or to (dare I think it) have one between my legs.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

I met him down in Australia when he brought one of the Honda 6's out for its first run. It was at Eastern Creek and he had Jim Redman to ride it. What a noise it made.

I believe his deal with Honda was he was given an engine to work with plus a chassis to copy. He could make six copies and one was to be given to Honda.

There were problems with the crankcase pressurising and blowing oil but the couple of laps it made were worth the whole weekend (that and unwittingly meeting Pete Roper - although he probably doesn't remember as he was trying to stuff parts back into a hole in a Guzzi racebike).

I'll try and get some pictures up later.