missed shifts- help!

Guest citimoto

Guest citimoto

The last three times I have been out on my 2000 v11 sport it takes me about ten trys to go from 2nd to 3rd. all other changes up and down are super smooth (well, smooth for this bike). What gives? The best way to explain it is the lack of a definitive click or snick from 2nd to 3rd. After several attempts with the foot lever it will begrudgingly go into gear. Im a mechanical imbecile, please explain slowly.

Chris

One thing to look at- that's very easy- is the linkage. Take it apart and take the rotating shaft (just behind the transmission) off the bolt it sets on, clean and grease it, then reassemble. That made a world of difference for my bike (props to Bruce for that).

One thing to look at- that's very easy- is the linkage.  Take it apart and take the rotating shaft (just behind the transmission) off the bolt it sets on, clean and grease it, then reassemble.  That made a world of difference for my bike (props to Bruce for that).

83799[/snapback]

I was going to say the same thing. I went out on my V11 the other day and had a similar problem. I went home, pulled it all apart, cleaned and lubed the linkage and all was well.

If that doesn't fix it then it's up to someone else to put in their 2 cents.

Has the trans recall been done on your bike?

I have had the shift linkage come loose before and it caused poor shifting as well.

Mike

I was going to say the same thing. I went out on my V11 the other day and had a similar problem. I went home, pulled it all apart, cleaned and lubed the linkage and all was well.

If that doesn't fix it then it's up to someone else to put in their 2 cents.

83801[/snapback]