First ride this year!!

friskycutter

Due to less than ideal conditions, monetary and otherwise I've recently been avoiding the heartbreak of wedging open my wallet to insure the V11. I have however, under a moderate amount of prodding from HelicopterJim, bowed to my own lust and rubber arm, and purchased a set of Mistral carbon pipes from Valley cycle (better bunch of guys would be hard to find). Of course with the impatience of a child on Christmas, didnt even go upstairs at home before I grabbed a set of tools for the easy installation. Twenty minutes or so and the pipes are on, but due to the domino effect and some uncharacteristic patience decided to change the oil and spark plugs I had the forsight to pick up as well. The plugs indicated I'm running slightly rich but nothing to worry about.

Ready to turn it over and try out the the new sound. Started easily, let it idle, the lifters tapping away like a perfect metronome. Now a little twist of the throttle, the muffled growl of the stock pipes had been tranformed to an outright snarl!!! I'm lovin the new notes and decibels!!!

Thats it, like many of you, I think I have an addictive personality and thats all it took. Visa card in hand I'm heading straight for the insurance office and after paying $903 for last years speed infractions on top of the insurance bill I was installing a shiny new plate.

These spring afternoons are ideal, crisp but not too cold, the bugs arent out yet and the sun is shining. Choosing a couple of backroads where the traffic would be light and enforcement unlikely started out a moderate pace, unpressured by other vehicles. I wound it out a few times and realized how much I missed the adreneline over the winter. Now that the cobwebs had been shaken out of my brain and my bike, I let the thoughts potential gravel on hidden corners and the chill of the road meaning my tires wouldnt be too sticky temper my speeds just as a RCMP cruiser appeared in front of me from around the next bend. He looked over at me as he passed and I told myself it was just to admire the bike as I chuckled to myself.

As we all gear up for the coming bike year, I am hoping all of you can have as good a first day and remember to play safe ---Cheers

Hi !!

lt's great to hear about all us chilled northerners coming out of hibernation. l'll be picking up my bike from the guys at Valley after they've fitted a new set of tires and a tune/service etc. Great bunch of guys!! :thumbsup:

The Mistrals are great, l got mine from them last summer and what a great sound!!!.....love it!!

(l see that Jim is trying to get you to do Wheelie's as well)

Mark June 18th on your to-do list as thats the ltalian Car/bike day at Lonsdale quay in North Van....lotsa very tasty stuff there!!

:bier:

Cheers

Van