and i return

bento

first off, i have been away too long and am glad to see somethings don't change.

about why i've been away:

last summer i burned out a crank bearing. i didn't want to be a cranky bastard due to my bike's condition, but that's behind me now. some time after that we got it back together, we had hoped simply a new bearing would do it. and it did, for about 3 miles. now the block is out, the conn rods(if still good) are being balanced and whatever at a shop with the crank and pistons. here's where you come in...

with the block out and stripped, what would you do to your motors? my head is spinning at the potential, but i don't know how far i can go with the stock computer. this is something i would like to spare myself, the purchase of a 400 dollar computer for my bike. i'll do it if i have too...but i'd rather just get parts.

i could see myself looking at a budget of maybe a grand, so you see why i'm trying to stay away from the powercommander. but enough about me!! what about you? i want your wishlists!

also, happy cinco de mayo...mmmmmmm....mayo. :homer:

:drink::bier:

Sorry about your bad luck. I'm curious - when a crank bearing fails - what is the first symptom?

If you start messing around with increased compression, dual-plugging, or almost any other performance enhancing activity, you will surely need a PC or replacement ECU.

also, happy cinco de mayo...mmmmmmm....mayo. :homer:

:drink:  :bier:

88332[/snapback]

Jesus- Michiganites. I can't stand mayonaise.

Anyhow- I'd have the crank, rods and pistons balanced. Call up Mike Rich and get his ideas- apparently, he is 'the man'.

J

Sorry about your bad luck.  I'm curious - when a crank bearing fails - what is the first symptom?

the first thing was the oil light flickering, then being on solid, then it sounds like someone threw keys into your motor.

and yeah, it seems like going from parts to p3 is kind of backwards. ahh well.